AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping - Impression Count

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,
I have a couple of question regarding Google Shopping
1. How impressions are counted in Google shopping if multiple products appear against a single search term
    a. Will this be counted as a single impressions against all products (like if 5 products appear                against a term "x" then this will be 1 impression against each product and 5 against the                    search term)?

2. How Impression share is calculated for Google shopping (if the above case holds true, then can we assume that adding more products results in higher impression share against a single term)?  

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alexey C (Rising Star)
December

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1) Each product in the search result will get 1 impression. So if you have 5 listed in the results you will in the end have 5 impressions in total, but listed as 1 for each product.

2) Impression share is an individual product metric, not a search term metric. So what your saying is incorrect. More info : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703

With Text ads, the keyword search impression share is on the keyword level, not the search term. Search terms and keywords are two different things, which I think might be the confusion you are having.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alexey C (Rising Star)
December

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1) Each product in the search result will get 1 impression. So if you have 5 listed in the results you will in the end have 5 impressions in total, but listed as 1 for each product.

2) Impression share is an individual product metric, not a search term metric. So what your saying is incorrect. More info : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497703

With Text ads, the keyword search impression share is on the keyword level, not the search term. Search terms and keywords are two different things, which I think might be the confusion you are having.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’