AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Help

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have an google shopping adwords camapaign that drives clicks to an event registration page. Some of the leads are good quality but some are not. Is there any way for me to take all the poor quality leads and well performing leads to track which ad groups and keyword/SKU generated them in order that I can modify/exclude these sources? I have convestion tracking set up so I can track the cost of registrations but I have no way to look at individual leads and know how they were generated.

Thanks,

Ni [censored]

Google Shopping Help

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi there,

Firstly what a great question!

There is no way within AdWords to directly change conversion data, or assign extra attribute to it so you have a few options. 

1. You can set up multiple conversions to help you determine the difference between leads. You could do this by changing your lead form options and thank you page to help segment the leads. For example add a drop down to your form so people can select a certain service or budget bracket, then those that are more valuable to you can be send to a specific thank you page and you can set up a conversion action specifically for that type of lead.

2. Another option is to use a third party platform to rate your leads and feed the data back into AdWords. Off the top of my head I don't know many but for exmaple Infinity the call tracking platform allows you to rate calls based on if they are sales or not, then data will be sent back into AdWords dependant on if they resulted in a sale. 

3. If you have a small budget, you can use the data to work out which keywords brought in leads at which time and manually work out where your best leads are coming from.

Hope this was helpful, sorry there isn't a direct solution!