AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Feed - Time Factor

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I run e-commerce website. I upload shopping feed weekly. I need to know that at the time when I fetch shopping feed, it takes 10 to 15 minutes to processed, Is it happened that products disappears from Google search during processing time? or it doesn't? Please help me to understand.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Shopping Feed - Time Factor

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

all items have an expiration date and time; if items are uploaded
with enough lead-time, that includes processing time before items
are set to expire, and all items have retained their previous id values
then, the items should normally retain their presence in the auctions --

that is, should not disappear from search during processing.

full processing, including status assignment and being seen within
google-adwords, can sometimes take 24-72 hours or so; therefore,
a best-practice is to re-upload items at least 72-hours before any
scheduled expiration.

otherwise, there are many scenarios where items will not be listed
during "processing" -- such as expiring during processing, changing
id values of existing items, changes to the data (feed) or website
that require a review, policy issues, etc.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Noman,

I agree with Celebird here. If you check your feed graph, it will never show you a dip in delivery of your ads. As Celebird mentioned, if you upload the feed well before the expiry date, you wont face any issues.

However, if you do miss the expiry date, till the time you have uploaded the feed and by the time it gets approved, you could miss out on visibility. If your feed is not changing much over the weeks, why don't you give automatic upload of your feeds a chance?

Automation can help you save a lot of manual labor and time. Also, your ads are guaranteed to never lose visibility.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Shashank and Celebird,

There is no expiration issue. I do it on weekly basis. It is automated generated process through FTP.

Celebird is not sure about my actual understanding regarding during the processing time does my shopping products appear on Google sponsored area.

Celebird Says"that is, should not disappear from search during processing." And exactly I want the answer of this. Any one can help me!

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star
Hi Noman,

I think Google would have taken care of this at their end. I am sure, they must have a mechanism at the back end where unless and until your complete product feed is not refreshed/uploaded (before expiry date), your old feed would be active all that while.

If I were to take an educated guess, I would say that both these things work in parallel and till the new feed is uploaded completely, your old feed is still active to ensure you do not lose out on any visibility.

I will put this question across to a Google Rep and let you know what they have to say on it.

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Shashank to understand my question. Please let me know if you find anything authentic about this.

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Will do Noman!

Shashank
Cheers,

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Today I had a chat with Google Rep. according to Google; Only those items pause for a while in which me made changes (pricing, name, title etc.). Actually it goes for a under-review. Rest of items (without any changed) keep running. No pause for them.
Thanks Google Rep. "Tushar"

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Hi Noman,

That sounds about right. Only the items that have undergone change in your feed would go review which is why only those products would not show up during processing.

Good Job!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,