AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.9K members online now
3.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Decline...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi...

Is anyone seeing a slow decline of shopping campaign conversions over the past 2 weeks or so? My daily shopping related clicks have gone from 3000+ to around 1500. I've checked every possible angle. I've been speaking to my Adwords agency and they've seen a drop across the board for most of their clients also.

Does anyone know if anything has changed such as an algorithm or anything over the past 2 weeks from Google?

Cheers

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

On the 19th of August there was a change on ranking regarding thin content. However this might or might not have anything to do with advertising.

I would focus on your data and improve based on your results. For example a competitor might have joined the marketplace with a much better setup. With advertising you need to constantly improve every aspect of you business from data feed, advertising to website. All contributing in its own way to your overall performance.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All...

i looked into this a bit more today. Around the 20th of August, i revamped ALL of my images across all my shopping feeds. Would this have an effect on my impressions, clicks and rise in cpcs?

Having settled down now and having looked at historical data, it seems like impressions and clicks are on the rise again and my cpcs decreasing again.

My question is, is it possible that the revamp of ALL my images the cause of my utterly drastic decline?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Everything you change has an effect. From data feed attributes, bidding to product landing page.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Chad, I've just seen this post.

We are also experiencing the same issue at the end of August and thru Sept so far, impressions are massively down combined with reduced sales.

I have studied Trends a little and for many searches around this time there appears to be a big drop of in shopping.  This seems to tie in with the Ad Words BETA roll out and the Shopping feed changes.  This has caused us no end of issue with our advertising around scheduling, bidding etc...

We are winding back our shopping ads and concentrating more on search ads as a result.  

If some from google is reading this I'd love to have a discussion with you about it!!!

Thanks Steve