AdWords
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Campaigns

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Afternoon All.

As i am sure you are all aware google shopping camapigns have been now rolled out, i have only just built out my PLA campaigns, i am guessing that these won't suddently migrate to Shopping camapigns and i will have to create new campaigns for this?

Jonny

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Shopping Campaigns

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

The PLA advertising program is separate from the Shopping program. There is no current plan (as far as I know) to "roll over" PLA ads into the Shopping program.

So, yes, if you want to try out the new Shopping environment, you'll need to create a separate campaign.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
thanks for your prompt response. I have heard that Google will be phasing out the PlA campaigns and you will eventually have to move over to shopping campaigns, do you know if this is the case?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Let's all hope this is not the case, at least until Shopping will have all the granularity and automation opportunities that PLAs have Smiley Wink.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Calin,

Can you elaborate on the automation you speak of, do are you referring to conversion optimiser and setting up automated bidding rules?

Jonathan

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
I'm referring to the set-up phase, via csv files and the AdWords editor, which currently does not support Shopping campaigns.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
oh right, ha ha i thought i was missing a trick then Smiley Happy

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
You probably are, just as I am: an API-powered application that takes care of everything. Feed, inventory, bids, etc. Smiley Happy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
PLA campaigns are going to be phased out as of August 2014:

http://adwords.blogspot.com/2014/04/whats-next-for-shopping-campaigns-and-retailers.html

As of last week, at least some of the people that answer the phone at for the AdWords help desk didn't know about it yet. Also, the article mentions campaigns will be automatically upgraded from PLA to Shopping in August if they haven't migrated yet. It says:

"Thus, we'll be retiring the regular PLA campaign type and asking all PLA advertisers to upgrade to Shopping campaigns by late August 2014, at which time all remaining PLA campaigns will be automatically upgraded"

Not sure how that is going to happen since there is no migration path at the moment.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

i already have PLA campaign in my adword account and working fine, now i like to make Shopping campaign. is there any sample CSV file with product details ?, i like to do Manage shopping campaign through API,

Hope to get the answer here

Thanks