AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

4.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Ads

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Experts,

I have created a separate campaign for Google Shopping. While pausing my existing PLA campaign and hoping that I will get good number of impressions and clicks, as I was getting fewer from PLA campaign. But, Google Shopping campaign doesn't make any difference.

Already opted the following settings in my campaign:

1. Campaign priority settings set to HIGH.

2. Category level Custom filters applied.

3. All products are showing under Product tab.

4. Delivery method: set to accelerated.

When I check my products in Google Shopping engine, Most of the ads are showing over there.

Can anyone explain what else I should do to increase the campaign performance?

Ankit Kapoor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ankit Kapoor
September 2015

Re: Google Shopping Ads

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ankit

All this would then lead me to believe your Data Feed itself needs work. 

I wouldnt think the problem lies in your bid, as that is a relatively high CPC you have set. 

If it were clicks you were not receiving in volume, then I would say you may simply not have an attractive price/item to users. However, as your impressions are rather low, it would lead me to believe your relevance is low. 

It may also be that your item count is rather small and this maximum impressions you should expect.

Without seeing the feed itself, or the site involved, it is hard to advise you any further than previously mentioned. 

Tom Wilson
Freelance Adwords & Google Shopping Consultant

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ankit Kapoor

Several people have reported they sawno noticeable improvement when switching from PLA's to shopping campaigns. I myself experienced this but after a few days, this did change, How many days has it been since you made the change?

This being said, improvement factors you must consider with Shopping Campaigns over normal Adword Campaigns is the external feed. Your datafeed must be rich in quality to achieve results in relevancy. As you aren't bidding on a keyword, and instead are bidding on your item, the relevancy of the Data feed content must be of a high. Only this along with a competitve bid will result in higher impressions and hopefully click throughs.

Have you taken a look at your feed? Is it using all attributes available and more so, correctly and to the best advantage to promote the items quality, uses, etc. 

It is all very well placing a high bid, however, if the item within your feed does not hold any relevance, to the search, then this will not always be shown, simply due to bid.

The first area I would look at, is ensuring your items are all searchable within your Shopping Campaigns.

Make sure to check your data quality tab within merchant center and correct any errors, missing or reccommended attributes. 

After this, look at your descriptions, titles and other attributes, and ensure they are holding strong values, which would actually be likely to return a search. Brand names, model numbers etc, all important. 

Ensure your GTIN are available and correct, these are used frequently in results to group items for comparison.

Lastly look at your bid amount, and available conversion data, see if you can increase your bid for all or even some items by creating a group within your shopping campaigns to achieve a higher CPC price for more profitable or popular items.

Tom Wilson

If you find this or another response helpful within the forum "please accept as solution" to further assist and direct others.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

I have setup Shopping campaign by 28th March 2014, and almost after one and half month I got only 3 clicks, impressions = 365 and with avg cpc = £0.72. I agreed the product bid could be one of the reason to not show my ads, but I have already set the default max. cpc £8.00 and this is quite high than my avg cpc.

And If I talk about the data feed it contains all the required attributes. My products fall under the following category Home & Garden > Decor > Chair & Sofa Cushions.

Also, I have checked the data quality tab which is not showing any errors or or recommended attributes.

Should I assume that the products i am doing with Google Shopping not searching occasionally?

Ankit Kapoor.

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi

How many items are in your uploaded datafeed?

365 impressions and 3 clicks in such a period does seen rather low.

Did you use Google shopping before PLA's/Shopping Campaigns? If so were you gaining traffic there in larger volumes?

I wouldn't personally say you are selling a particularly niche product if it falls under that category.

No errors are being reported on your data quality which is a good sign, however are all items saying they are searchable and not in review ?

Also do all appear within the shopping campaigns within your adwords interface?

Tom Wilson

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Total 28 products present in data feed. No doubt CTR is not too bad for shopping campaign, but the thing is we got only 3 clicks which really matters. And this become more important when we need to answer our client.

I am not expecting sales at this time, but only impressions and clicks. Smiley Sad

This is the first time I am working on a Google Shopping campaign, although I am working on other Google PLA campaigns and all are performing very well.

There are no items in the review list, Not all but most of the products are searchable.
I can also see all the products showing in Google Adwords interface.

Thanks
Ankit Kapoor.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ankit Kapoor
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Ankit

All this would then lead me to believe your Data Feed itself needs work. 

I wouldnt think the problem lies in your bid, as that is a relatively high CPC you have set. 

If it were clicks you were not receiving in volume, then I would say you may simply not have an attractive price/item to users. However, as your impressions are rather low, it would lead me to believe your relevance is low. 

It may also be that your item count is rather small and this maximum impressions you should expect.

Without seeing the feed itself, or the site involved, it is hard to advise you any further than previously mentioned. 

Tom Wilson

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

I wish to thank you for your invaluable support. You really helping me a lot to give me an insight of Adwords Shopping campaign. Thanks once again Smiley Happy

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Not a problem, Glad I could help

Tom Wilson

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tom,

I am also new to google shopping. We use a shopify app to feed the products in google shopping.
We launched a shopping ad 2 days ago and only have 16 impressions / 0 click - i think i need to improve the data feed but when i click in data feed in the merchant centre, i see no feed although all my products are present and approved in the products section. Is that normal?

Thanks

Phil