AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Ads - Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was running ads through Google Shopping before the product listing change (to ppc), and ads were showing up.

With the change to paid, I have created a campaign for product listing ads (with all products targeted), but I can not get my products to show up in Google Shopping anymore. And all my products say searchable in the Google Merchant Center.

I can get them to show in product extensions (through normal Google search), but not in shopping. 

I think my bid per click is plenty high, and if they can show in normal google search, I can't figure out why they wont show in Google shopping.

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Re: Google Shopping Ads - Issues

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey amitrockon55,

Take a look at this Community Discussion and let me know if you've completed all steps necessary to create Product Listing Ads - look at the 2nd to last response.

If you still have questions, let me know!

Thanks,

BI

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey amitrockon55,

Take a look at this Community Discussion and let me know if you've completed all steps necessary to create Product Listing Ads - look at the 2nd to last response.

If you still have questions, let me know!

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, BI,

Thanks much for the reply! However, I went through my products again and re-followed all the instructions and still could not get the products to show in Google Shopping.

It is confusing as:

1) My products are showing green check marks in Google Merchant Center

2) Both Google Merchant Center and AdWords seem to be linked

3) For product ads from the traditional Google.com search, I am able to see my product ads (so can see from www.google.com but not in shopping.google.com)

4) My product listing ads were previously showing up in Google Shopping (when it was free) but only with the switch to ppc has it stopped showing up

5) my store actually shows up in google shopping on the left hand side with the list of many stores, however, the products just dont show up.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

My store is The Art of Knot and the product search I have focused on is Surya pouf-13.

Thanks!

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Amitrockon55,

You are correct, I did a few searchers around your product & site (site:theartofknot.com) on Google Shopping and could not get a product to show up.

Have you tried the unique URL that Google provides after submitting a feed in order to see if it works:

http://www.google.com/products?authorid=[MERCHANT CENTER ACCOUNT NUMBER]

For Example - http://www.google.com/products?authorid=1234567

I noticed that you also posted a discussion to the Google Product Forum, which should be able to help out as well.

Thanks,

BI

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

One other option to try is to increase your CPC. Might be worth increasing this as well as your daily budget to at least test. Are impressions being generated for your PLA campaign?

Thanks,

BI

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I tried the unique merchant center ID URL link, and it said my search did not match any products (so it seems like the products are not linked to my store?)

So it is pretty strange that the products in my merchant center all show two green check marks (indicating they should be searchable in Google Shopping), and the can show up in normal google search as product ads, but they do not show in Google Shopping? Any ideas there?

And there are some impressions being generated, but I think that is through the normal google.com search, when products sometimes show up there, but not sure. I have raised the bids and budget in the past, and it goes up, but again I think that is driven by normal google.com search, and I really need to get into Google Shopping again.

Have not yet heard a response to my post in Google Product Forums, but if I do, will let you know.

Thanks again for all the help. Seems like something small and specific I must be missing, just cant figure out what that is.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi amitrockon55,

I had a similar issue. I set up ten products with the adwords_labels attribute to test it all out. After submitting, all ten products had both columns for Product Search and Product Ads showing "under review". The next day they were all "approved". However, I could not find them in Google Shopping. I searched a few hours later and found them in Google Shopping. Weird. They have yet to show up as Product Listing Ads.

Good luck.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks, interesting. Yes, my products have been up for a week, so I don't think it is a time issue.

And funny that I can get them going as product listing ads, but not Google Shopping (so opposite of yours, I think)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long did it take for your Product Listing Ads to show after you set up your campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Showed up pretty quick, few hours I would say..