AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Ads Issues

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

My shopping ads of OPP tapes have been online for a few days. I think this can help consumers to find and buy OPP tapes when they are searching on Google. However, things turn out slightly different. By searching "tapes", Google simply shows shopping ads of OPP tapes from my competitors. If they Google specific terms or phrases,such as "tapes a box of" and "transparent tapes", my shopping ads pop out.

Is there any issue that I can fix so that consumers can find my shopping ads by simply entering "tapes"?     

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1) Make sure your titles are accurate and correctly describe the product

2) If the word tape is in the title and description than you will show up for search terms with the word tape

3) Make sure your data feed quality is as high as possible, such as adding all required, recommended and optional attributes

4) Increase the Max CPC

5) Never search for your own ads as it is only a single search representation with 1000's of possibilities. So you will never get any accurate information, and you will make wrong decisions basing it on live searches. Also you will damage your own ads by viewing them. If an impression is triggered without a click, it lowers your CTR. Which than will in turn increase your CPC and decrease your ranking. Instead use Adwords Reports, Dimension or Campaign / Ad Group / Product Group column information

6) Expecting great results within a few days is a high expectation. At least wait 7 to 14 days and check the reports. Than improve based on the data.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel F,

Thank for your time and reply. The last tip, or suggestion, is quite helpful. I think I will wait and see how it goes from AdWords after a few weeks.