AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Adds are not showing products if user searches by brand name

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I was wondering if anyone could help me with the following query.

We have set up our Google Shopping campaign some time ago (products successfully processed in merchant centre, etc.). When we have done some tests we have noticed the following problem though: if user searches by our brand name, our adds do not appear (our stockists' adds do, but not ours). However, when we search using other keywords, adds do appear. The brand name is present in the Meta Title & Product Description. It is not used in the Product Name, as we are a one-brand-only e-tailer (and we do not want to add the brand name to the Product name, as it would make product names too long). Could anyone please advise where else do we need to have the brand name to ensure the users see adds when they search by brand name?

Thank you very much.
Kind regards
Natasha

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Shopping Adds are not showing products if user searches by brand name

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Keyword matching is done by the title

Make sure you bid high enough

If you want to bid higher for branded search terms vs generic, than setup two campaign 1 with medium priority and 1 with high priority. Than add branded keywords to the negative list of the high priority campaign and the products listed with normal bidding. Than in the second campaign all the branded keywords will land. Here you can bid higher.

This will allow you to try and show up more.

Make sure you add the keywords in the title or it will not work.

Hope it helps 

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’