AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Ad Scheduling

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I want to run my Google Shopping Campaign at 24 hours and in the same time I want to accelerate 50% bid on specific time period.

For Example:

11AM to 03PM is the peak time of my business. I want to increase bid in percentage by using "Ad Schedule" option. I did so but the result is that my shoppoing campaign ran on this specific time and disappeared rest of the time. Does Google allow to run shopping campaign 24 hours and any option to accelerate your bid on specific times?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Shopping Ad Scheduling

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nooman,
I agree, it's a little complicated at first to find it, but yes, it's possible.

Please see the instructions here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404244?hl=en

Unfortunately, you'll have to create a separate schedule for the time you want to increase your bid for and a regular schedule for all other times. Fortunately, you can copy and paste these using AdWords editor into new campaigns. You can set up to six schedules per day.

In particular:

How to set a bid adjustment

Here’s how to adjust your bid:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Campaigns tab at the top.
  3. Under All online campaigns, click the name of the campaign to be scheduled.
  4. Click the Settings tab, then click the Ad schedule subtab.
  5. Locate the row for the scheduled time that you want to adjust and click the cell in the "Bid adj." column.
  6. Choose "Increase by" or "Decrease by" from the drop-down, and enter a number.
  7. Click Save.

Keep in mind

The bid adjustment affects all bids in the campaign. When the time period of your bid adjustment is over, your normal campaign bids will be restored unless you've set other adjustments (for devices or locations, for example).

Using the example above, at 10:01 a.m. on Tuesday, your bid will become $1.00 x (+20%), or $1.20 for a search that occurs in Anchorage, until your ads stop showing at 11 a.m.

?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Same query is mine.

I tried to reduce the bid in percentage (-50%) when peak hours are over.
I applied it in 1 campaign and reduced CPC in percentage (-50%) all the day from (Los_Angeles) time 10PM to 7 AM in the following format.

10PM to 12AM and 1AM to 7AM

But if i check the campaign. it got only 3 visits in a day.

Could you please help me out to resolve this, why visits are so low and how to reduce the bid from 10PM to 7 AM (los angeles) standard time?

Will this kind of scheduling will lower the performance of campaign and what's the right way to apply it?