AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping Account suspended for UNTRUSTWORTHY PROMOTIONS

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a new website/business that I have spent months working on. I uploaded a feed with only 4 dog toy products as a test...only to have the Google Merchant account suspended in a matter of hours for:

UNTRUSTWORTHY PROMOTIONS (MISREPRESENTATION OF SELF OR PRODUCT)

Google added: "Due to the sensitive nature of the review we are unable to provide further details."

Seriously? How am I susposed to know how to fix it?

The site is https://www.expressbuy.world.

Any ideas?

Colin.

4 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Untrustworthy promotion means that the business model or the business practices you have adopted / conducted were found unacceptable and your business cannot be promoted on Google.
Since it's a severe violation the chances of being reinstated are rare.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

My guess is that amongst your huge range of products there is something that Google doesn't allow. Google's list is long
https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/2423645?hl=en

For example, search your site for "Pikatropin".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Moshe,

The business model and practices are of a standard re-selling nature. I can't think what could make Google not like such a basic order and ship model. The site is new - no clicks or sales yet - how could it possibly be at fault?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob, I don't think that is their reason. All items are legal and not all have to be in the feed. My Adwords account (linked and same website and email address) is still active and I just chatted onine with a rep who said Adwords is fine to run but not Shopping/Merchant. But he wouldn't give me any more details.

So if Google had any fundamental problem with the nature of the products associated with my site, then surely they wouldn't want me using adwords either.

Something simply doesn't make sense. Why can't they just give me a straight answer instead of playing God?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Well, to me that is almost definitely the problem - Google has a list of products that aren't allowed, and you have some on your site. Google's bots would have found them, and Google support almost never mention bots.

However, all we can provide here is opinions. Mine came from seeing multiple similar sites in the same situation as you for the same policy.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob, this would still pose two big questions.

Firstly, why didn't they simply tell me which products they don't like so I can remove them and we all move on. They seem to have a warning system in place. It is not fair and reasonable practise to permanently suspend an account because 1% of products are not eligable. Especially with no warning or details given. Again, all the products are perfectly legal.

Secondly, why is the Adwords account deemed ok? Same site, same products.

it just doesn't make any sense. Any idea how I can escalate the matter? I have spent too much time and money to let this go.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I don't have solutions for you, however:

1. Google tends to share as little information as possible (to any advertisers), so that bad advertisers don't learn too much. (that's just my educated guess, having worked in this industry for 16 years).

2. That's like asking why does one ad get disapproved for "site not working" when the other ad in the same ad group, going to the same URL, remains approved? I see that all the time. My best guess is that automated process are throttled so that Google has enough support staff to handle the resulting enquiries.

Possibly for shopping they scan the entire site, while for search they look at products that are one click away from your landing page. Just a guess. 

What we see here, is that when your site is in breach of a policy, regardless of what emails or Google support staff say, the policy you are breaching will be the problem. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

"Google tends to share as little information as possible (to any advertisers), so that bad advertisers don't learn too much."

That just sounds crazy. Like some kind of conspiracy theory! Surely their goal is to make money, and work with any business that is willing to adapt by making the necessary changes.

Again something is just not right. is the company too big? Sounds like its head doesn't know what its tail is doing.

They have to act responsibly with such a large market share. They can't just shut out a perfectly transparent business and give no reason.

Re: Google Shopping Account suspended for UNTRUSTWORTHY PROMOTIONS

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

1. if something can be done to fix a suspension, google will usually indicate
the details and contact information within their suspension email; if so,
simply contact google for a re-review after the issues have been fixed --
in most cases, the issues must be fixed within 7-days.

check the original suspension email and any related
details within the merchant-center message-archive --
or, submit the following form directly to google:
https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/suspended

however, if there has already been a re-review by google and their decision

was final, or if nothing can be done to change the (policy-team's) decision,
or if google determines nothing can be done to fix the issue, then typically
google will not offer any details or explanation concerning the suspension.

google is the final arbiter of all policies and may

suspend participation in the program at any time.

2. generally, google's shopping-ads have slightly different or stricter policies
than other campaign-types and ad-formats -- related to physical products,
types of products google allows, how a physical product is represented to
the public, all submitted-data, global-trade-data, landing-pages, the website,
prices, currency, ecommerce, inventory, shipping, business practices and models,
business contact and related details, target-countries, supply-chains, etc.

account-suspensions within the merchant-center most often refer to the removal
of items from google-shopping and shopping-ads -- items may still be available
for other destinations and the ad-account may still allow access to many other
campaign-types and ad-formats, depending on the details of the suspension.

the running of any campaigns after a suspension is in google's sole discretion.