AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Shopping AD Rank

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I'm Massimo From Rome, Italy. I need an information: how to find the AD Rank for the Shopping campain. Thanks to all will answer me.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Shopping AD Rank

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

I wish there was an easy answer for this, but there isnt. There are several factors that affect rank of shopping campaign like, Feed Quality (Title, description, identifiers, Product category, etc), Bid, Landing page quality, etc.

From my experience I have found 2 of most important factors to rank higher are having quality feed and relevance of search query. 

@Celebird any thoughts?

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Google Shopping AD Rank

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Google Shopping does not show Ad Rank.

What I recommend you focus on which is a strong indicator of ad rank is CTR. Try increasing the CTR by improving the title and removing bad search terms by adding them as a negative keyword.

You can however find the landing page quality score by creating a text ad with the same keyword, place the title of the product in the ad. Than after 24 hours you will see the landing page quality score for that given keyword. This is a big task but if you really want to know more details than this would be the way.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Google Shopping AD Rank

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Massimo C

This is a good question with tricky answers as indeed pointed out by @theniks. I definitely recommend playing attention to product titles in particular and of course feed management.

I have also found that how you organise your shopping campaign(s) in the account may also be of significant benefit. For example, there are many articles and varied thoughts on the best way to structure shopping but i encourage you to peruse these to see if any are a good fit for your business and overall objectives desired. Personally i try a mixture of approaches and utilise priority levels to help guide my bids (and assumed ad rank as a result), depending on the business needs and complexity of the product inventory. 

Here is a link from google support exploring some of these options mentioned above (structure, priority, bids). 

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6167176?hl=en-GB

Best of luck with everything

James