AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Product Feeds

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Folks,
I don’t normally take a lot of notice of my feeds, the only time I do, is when I’ve added new products to my website, however I realised the other day that my feeds have stopped working so I went to my “Google Merchant Centre” and noticed that there is a ‘Feeds (new)’.
Not being a technical minded person I do not have a clue what to do now.
The back of my shop is "Wordpress / WooCommerce" and one of my plugins is WooCommerce Google Product Feed, which appears to be out of date “see screen grab”. I can go too

https://woocommerce.com/products/google-product-feed/ and purchase for $79.00 a ‘Goole Product Feed’...

What I would like to know is if I update my “WooCommerce Google Product Feed Plugin” by purchasing the ’Goole Product Feed’ will this automaticaly fix the issue of my Data Feeds not working.
I do hope this all makes sense.
Very kind regards.
Kevin.

Screenshot-(14).jpg

2 Expert replyverified_user

Google Product Feeds

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin, 

There's multiple plugins that integrate your product feed and WooCommerce and AdWords so we couldn't really comment on a specific one. That being said, you should always go with plugins that are frequently updated. 

There are many plugins, my advice is to : 

#1 Always update your plugins

#2 Test different ones, paid and unpaid. 

Additionally you may want to make the leap to developing your own product feed which can be more efficient but can sometimes take time and requires investment. 

All the best,

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Google Product Feeds

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kevin,

I can't help you with why the feed isn't working at present (too hard without being in your WordPress and Merchant Centre accounts...). But I do use that plugin on many sites (it is cheaper in bulk) and it would be the best out there, regardless of CMS. In my opinion. There are others, even free ones, but you need to factor in the time taken to get them to work, and the ability to add fields like "identifier_exists".

Re: Google Product Feeds

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks guys for your replies.
I'm not sure if I've explained my problem properly. Like I say I don't really understand the technical side of my website, it was all designed for me a few years ago with the Woocommerce Product Feed Plugin already installed, and as it's been doing a fine job of my feeds already over the past three years I was hoping that if I purchased the Payware Update "from the link above" that it would automatically update my Google Product Feed.

And having the Woocommerce Feed Plugin already installed on my site for the past three years I'm pretty sure that it's been taking care of the "identifier_exists" as well.

Hope all this makes sense.

Cheers.Kev.

Screenshot-(10).jpg

Google Product Feeds

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

At the top of the plugin page in WordPress, (WooCommerce > Settings, look for the tab along the top)... is a link to the feed it generates. Use that as the feed provided to the Merchant Centre and tell the Merchant Centre to fetch it daily.

Google Product Feeds

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Thanks for the info, I will take a look.

Kind regards.

Kevin.