AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google PLA Campaigns

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

We currently have an ecommerece website with a data feed listed on Google Shopping through Google Merchant Centre. We are aware that this is moving to a paid platform managed through adwords.

So far I have followed the tutorial and linked my merchant centre account with my adwords account. I created the PLA campaign in merchant centre and I now see it in AdWords.

My question is, what happens now? Do I mirror my current search campaign in terms of ad groups and keywords but make sure only PLA ad's are in the ad group? I cant seem to get any impressions or clicks.

Can someone help me in the right direction from here?

Cheers

Tim

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author harlandcorp
September 2015

Re: Google PLA Campaigns

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tim,

Have you set up auto targets? The way PLAs work is by using these so adding keywords to the campaign wouldn't make a difference. I wrote this article that might be beneficial to you.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Best-Practices-and-Setting-Up-of-Product-Listi...

It's a basic set up for the campaign targetting brands.

For advanced optimisations split these brands into seperate campaigns with the ad groups being a combination of Brand + Product Type... This way you can see which areas are getting the result. Another new feature is auto targets by Product ID's however this needs to be done manually in the online AdWords and not the editor.

Hope this has helped.

Kind Regards,

Liam

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author harlandcorp
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Tim,

Have you set up auto targets? The way PLAs work is by using these so adding keywords to the campaign wouldn't make a difference. I wrote this article that might be beneficial to you.

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/User-Articles/Best-Practices-and-Setting-Up-of-Product-Listi...

It's a basic set up for the campaign targetting brands.

For advanced optimisations split these brands into seperate campaigns with the ad groups being a combination of Brand + Product Type... This way you can see which areas are getting the result. Another new feature is auto targets by Product ID's however this needs to be done manually in the online AdWords and not the editor.

Hope this has helped.

Kind Regards,

Liam

Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

There are some great ideas there from Liam, which will hopefully help you out there Tim!

One thing I would add just to save confusion on the matter is that Product Listing ads do not require keywords. Keywords do not trigger your Product Listing ads to show. Product Listing ads show when a user types in terms into Google that match the way you described your products in your Merchant Centre feed. 

Hope that helps!

A.