AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Merchant making products 'Out of Stock' automatically that too randomly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have 'automatic items update' enabled for my products for both price & availability in Google Merchant account. My feed only contains products that are in stock and the microdata on the website also has availability set as InStock (<meta itemprop="availability" content="http://schema.org/InStock" /> ). Structured Data Testing tool also confirms the same and there are no errors in the Structured Data Testing tool. But Google Merchant marks some of the products as OutOfStock there by impacting my shopping campaigns, this marking of OutOfStock by google merchant is quite random and it changes multiple times in a day. I have contacted support twice but still no satisfactory reply from them. Any reason why this should be happening?

If I disable 'automatic items update' then the products are disapproved due to availability mismatch.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Insity
April

Re: Google Merchant making products &#39;Out of Stock&#39; automatically that too randomly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for the responses. My bad, I should have put a link with the issue.

On our website, there is only one product per page and we don't have variant for products on our website. I have also checked the source code there is only one microdata for availability on the webpage. We feed to google merchant using file feed which is scheduled only once per day, we don't use API or Google Sheet etc, so there is no way of us feeding the availability more than once in a day. but on Google merchant the automatic availability status keeps changing multiple times in a day and that too randomly. All I can think of is caching some where, but we have restarted the webserver, database, cleared CDN as well as cleared RadisCache but still the problem persists.

Below is an url link and screenshot of the issue

example URL :- https://www.insity.com/portronics-pure-sound-por-102-20-portable-speaker-system-black

Raw Feed to Google Merchant with status as 'InStock'

Raw Feed.png

Google Automatic Update

Google Update.png

Structured Data Testing results for the same page

Structured Data.png

View solution in original post

Google Merchant making products &#39;Out of Stock&#39; automatically that too randomly.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please supply screenshots, links and in depth details for us community members to help you.

From reading your message, there does seem to be an issue on your website, most likely you have two sets of structured data, Google can only read the first one and if it is pure hard coded, not javascript injected.

But providing links and further details, will allow us to help.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Google Merchant making products &#39;Out of Stock&#39; automatically that too randomly.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

be certain only one, single, item-offer is on the landing-page,
especially with respect to variants and any structured-data.

the automatic-item-updates feature is designed mainly for a very
few items to be out of sync with the primary submitted data --
automatic-item-updates cannot be used as a replacement for more
general feed updates.

generally, all primary product (feed) data must be updated every 30-days
or immediately when a critical change to the website, or the merchant's
on-hand physical inventory, occurs.

if more than a few items are out of sync with physical inventory reality, or
the displayed data seen by customers on the landing-page, or the data within
any structured-data, or the primary-feed data cannot be kept up-to-date with
both all website data and physical reality, then such items must be either
removed as shopping-ads, or the data must updated using another method,
such as the content-api.

otherwise, this is mainly a peer-to-peer forum -- forum-members
cannot look into any data or accounts; posting, here in public,
much more specific details, may allow other forum-members to
offer more specific suggestions.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Insity
April

Re: Google Merchant making products &#39;Out of Stock&#39; automatically that too randomly.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks a lot for the responses. My bad, I should have put a link with the issue.

On our website, there is only one product per page and we don't have variant for products on our website. I have also checked the source code there is only one microdata for availability on the webpage. We feed to google merchant using file feed which is scheduled only once per day, we don't use API or Google Sheet etc, so there is no way of us feeding the availability more than once in a day. but on Google merchant the automatic availability status keeps changing multiple times in a day and that too randomly. All I can think of is caching some where, but we have restarted the webserver, database, cleared CDN as well as cleared RadisCache but still the problem persists.

Below is an url link and screenshot of the issue

example URL :- https://www.insity.com/portronics-pure-sound-por-102-20-portable-speaker-system-black

Raw Feed to Google Merchant with status as 'InStock'

Raw Feed.png

Google Automatic Update

Google Update.png

Structured Data Testing results for the same page

Structured Data.png