AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Merchant linked to wrong adwords account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I linked my google merchant to the wrong adwords account. I then linked it to the new one but I can only create a campaign using the wrong one. I tired unlinking the wrong one but that didn't word. Why can I only create the campaign using the adwords I linked it to first? Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Log in to the correct Google Adwords account and make sure you have accepted the new linking.

If you have done this, wait a few hours and you should then be able to create a campaign using the correct merchant center id.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My correct google adwords is linked to the google merchant account but it is only showing up "Other Adwords Accounts" How do I get it under"Your Adwords Account"?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The only difference is that "Your AdWords Account" is one that has the same email for both Merchant Centre and AdWords admin logins.

"Other Adwords Accounts" will still work just the same. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I say create campaign and go into it it the adgroup only shows up in the accounts in "Your AdWords Account" and not in "Other Adwords Accounts", why?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

There is no difference between your AdWords account and other AdWords accounts. As Rob mentioned, it simply means if you are using the same email address as Adwords, it will show as yours (as Google identifies this by your log in email) Other adwords accounts, simply means adwords linked where the email does not match the email in merchant center.

In Adwords, whichever merchant center account you link, will not show under your adwords account. As Adwords does not do this. It does not matter at all. So your question why cannot be answered, as there is no such thing.

However, I recommend if you still have issues and have waited a couple of hours, is to contact Google directly here : https://support.google.com/merchants/contactflow

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’