AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Merchant (USA) Shipping Options

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We currently run a successful merchant/shopping campaign for Australia, and we would like to try expanding that to the USA (we ship worldwide).

Unfortunately, when we try to set up our USA feed, and we have to enter shipping details (into our Merchant account) it only offers the option of live shipping quotes from Fedex and DHL. But we use Australia Post.

Our experience with our Australian feed is that if the shipping costs in our merchant account don't match what's on our site, our feed gets suspended.

So we are trying to work out, how can we submit a successful feed for USA when the Google Merchant admin panel won't allow live shipping quotes from Australia Post? We can't manually create a shipping table as we have thousands of products, all with different weights etc.

Is there a way around this so we can submit a successful feed? Fedex and DHL don't service our area, so we can't change our shipping method. 

Cheers

Graeme

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Merchant (USA) Shipping Options

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The best method would be to add the shipping costs in the data feed. You will need to make the calculations on your end. If you have already have the info weight, dimensions. You can than ether use your Austrialia Post API to generate the prices. Or create your own scripting.

If this is impossible, than the only thing you can do is overcharge so it covers all products.

My suggestion, if you want to succeed in the US, and you know you are going to get a positive ROI to go the extra mile.

I recommend to ask your web developer for input on how to accomplish this.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’