AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Merchant Centre

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All

I am trying to list my products in Google Merchant Center, but the issue is I do not have my own Online Store / website from where I sell the products. I sell my products on various eCommerce platforms like Amazon, Paytm, Flipkart etc. 

Now, Google Merchant center asks for URL Verification. How I do I verify 3rd Party eCommerce platforms URL`s  where I sell my products as I do not have control over those? Is it OK if I just create a Products Data feed ad submit to Google Merchant center and don`t verify the UR:L? Will my Google Shopping Ad campaign work? Also, if some can let me know the format of Google Merchant Center Product Data feed XLS file. ??

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Merchant Centre

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I am not sure about the third party websites, but the format for your product feed can be found here: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en&visit_id=1-636130111403265517-1928132097&r...

Google Merchant Centre

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awaiting reply from Google Expert...

Google Merchant Centre

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Google Shopping and Amazon do not play together.  You must have full control of the landing page in order to use a Google Shopping campaign (formerly known as Product Listing Ads).  Google and Amazon are competitors. 

Google Merchant Centre

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

As everyone else mentioned, you need to own your own eCommerce website to sell on Google Shopping.

However certain marketplaces do list your products on your behalf such as eBay and Etsy. But this is not guaranteed as the advertising is done by them.

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Google Merchant Centre

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am sorry to say but you all are wrong. In called up Google Adwords Contact Centre and they said, it is possible to create a Google Shopping Campaign without verifying website in Google Merchant centre. 

Google Merchant Centre

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Unfortunately, you might have asked the wrong question here or with Google Adwords as what you are saying is incorrect, in Google Merchant a website needs to be verified. If you do not verify the website than the data feed submitted will be disapproved.

You can indeed create a shopping campaign, but it will have zero impressions. Due to Google Merchant not being verified and or claimed.

More info available at : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/176793?hl=en

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Google Merchant Centre

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

hi @Aliasgar B 

you cant run feeds without claiming your website. 

regards,

Zaby