AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Merchant Center add a saleprice[sale_price], but there isn't a sale price in our product feed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello everybody,

Google Merchant rejects some of our products because there is disagreements between the prices in Merchant Center and the prices Google automatically index on the site. But happens because in Merchant Center under product data Google has add a sales price, but if I look in the productfeed on the specific product, when there isn't a salesprice and this is correct according to the website.

So the problem is that Google Merchant tells me a salesprice, there isn't in the productfeed and on the website, but because of this reject the product so it's not available in Google Shopping, but how can I solve this problem? 

Only few products is touched by this problem. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Niels T
July 2016

Re: Google Merchant Center add a saleprice[sale_price], but there isn't a sale price in our product

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Even when automated updates are disabled, Google still checks if the prices are the same ether manual or automated, to ensure you list the correct prices.

My guess is that the prices your listing on the website are in some way not the same.

The most common is that the price that the customer needs to pay, must be the first price that is readable.

For example the below would be considered incorrect.

RRP
EX Vat
Effective price

Instead the effective price needs to be first

Effective price
RRP
other prices

However these are just guesses as we community members can't view your account and see what the real issue is. If non of these are helpful I suggest contacting Google Directly
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Re: Google Merchant Center add a saleprice[sale_price], but there isn't a sale price in our product

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

If Google has added a sale price than this is because the data feed supplied has a sale price added. When this is done, Google will cross reference this with your website to check if the sale price is correct. When the correct microdata is not added than this might cause Google not to see the correct price.

Here are two options

1. Add microdata to reflect the sales price
  2. Disable automated updates in Google merchant under Settings

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Emmanuel,

Thanks for the quick response.

I've check our microdata, and there is a fail on how Google read our price and currency - this will be solved asap.
But automated updates is already disabled in Google Merchant Center, so my consideration is just about the problem still could be a fail in our microdata and how Google read these?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Niels T
July 2016

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Even when automated updates are disabled, Google still checks if the prices are the same ether manual or automated, to ensure you list the correct prices.

My guess is that the prices your listing on the website are in some way not the same.

The most common is that the price that the customer needs to pay, must be the first price that is readable.

For example the below would be considered incorrect.

RRP
EX Vat
Effective price

Instead the effective price needs to be first

Effective price
RRP
other prices

However these are just guesses as we community members can't view your account and see what the real issue is. If non of these are helpful I suggest contacting Google Directly
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

Hope it helps.