AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Merchant Center Account has been suspended. Need Help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Merchant Center account had been suspended on January 29, 2015. At that time I had one product listed which also had some warning issues. Right now I have sorted out all the issues regarding the product and uploaded a new data feed. so now the columns FEED and ITEM in Diagnostic section are looking good. Butt the product is again disapproved. Now there is no warning related product in the account. Only there are 2 issues - 1 is Account suspended due to policy violation and the other 1 is No linked AdWords account. So please tell me  how I can be sure of what exactly happens. Is there any way through which I get to know what particular policy has been violated? As reading the whole shopping policy https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188484?hl=en-GB is quite time consuming, can you please tell me which way I get to know the solution? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Merchant Center Account has been suspended. Need Help.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

Could you tell us your website URL so that we can take a look to find it violates any policy specifically?

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
biggerrocks.com

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Richard,

The page where you collect user's information can be a problem -

Secure checkout process. Payment and transaction processing, as well as collection of any sensitive and financial personal information from the user, must be conducted over a secure processing server (SSL-protected, with a valid SSL certificate.

Additionally, I would also request you to read policies related to Marketplaces. 

https://support.google.com/merchants/topic/2701481

Thanks
Ratan Jha

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ratan,

Thanks for your suggestion. In the link https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2704221, it says "In severe cases, an account may be suspended. If this happens, all product listings in the suspended account will stop being shown, and we may no longer accept data from you. Any related accounts may also be suspended permanently. In really severe cases, merchants may also be suspended automatically if they attempt to open any new accounts. For most violations, we will send you a warning email detailing the policy violation and give you 7 days to update your product data. You will also see a suspension notification in your Merchant Center account."
Does it mean after getting the mail regarding the account suspension I need to update the product data and other account related issues within 7 days?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Richards,

It is helpful when you have specifically been told about the violation you have made and obviously when you  know the violations on your part. In such cases, you need to get it rectified within 7 days as the article says. 

Any violation is advisable to be fixed within the said period. I don't if your marketplace has other accounts as well, if they all can get affected. 

If you do not know the violation still, it's better connect with phone support.

Thanks
Ratan Jha