AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Merchant Account for 'Cash on Delivery' site

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MC Experts, 

I am working for an eCommerce site.

I applied fro Google Merchant Center account & submitted product feeds. 

I got a message that PLA ads can not run since 'checkout process' is not secure {no SSL is there}. 

But my question is.... Since we're not accepting online payments... we are offering 'cash/pay on delivery' service... why do we need SSL over there?

Can any body suggest some advice or link... what should I do in this case?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nisha
September 2015

Re: Google Merchant Account for 'Cash on Delivery' site

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nisha,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

The policy says - 

Payment and transaction processing, as well as processing of any personal information of the user (such as the address), must be secure (SSL-protected, with a valid SSL certificate).

The explanation - even if you accept only Cash On Delivery and No Online transaction, you need to have SSL. The reason is obvious as per the guideline and that is - you are collecting users' personal information such as Address. Hence, you must have SSL.

EDIT - The link to the policy is - https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2704164

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nisha
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nisha,

Welcome to AdWords Community.

The policy says - 

Payment and transaction processing, as well as processing of any personal information of the user (such as the address), must be secure (SSL-protected, with a valid SSL certificate).

The explanation - even if you accept only Cash On Delivery and No Online transaction, you need to have SSL. The reason is obvious as per the guideline and that is - you are collecting users' personal information such as Address. Hence, you must have SSL.

EDIT - The link to the policy is - https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2704164

Hope it helps.

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+

If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ok, Thanks Ratan, Got It.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Happy to help Nisha Smiley Happy

Thanks
Ratan

Join me on Google+