AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Customer Reviews impact on seller score

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are considering to start collecting Google Customer Reviews but are concerned how this might affect our 98% positive score in the seller ratings extensions, which is currently based solely on Trustpilot ratings?

I understand that Google bases seller ratings on a number of sources: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375474?hl=en-GB

I am concerned that starting to collect Google Customer Reviews, since its a Google in-house service, might disproportionally affect our score.

Can anybody share more light on how the score is calculated, beyond the vague official explanation above?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Customer Reviews impact on seller score

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

The score is calculated as an average of all eligible reviews. How reviews become eligible is not known publicly, but would assume it depends on the quality of the review, the authenticity and a whole bunch of other metrics we don't know.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’