AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Customer Review Not Sending Surveys & Stars Not Showing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

we originally had a Google Trusted Store (now Google Customer Review), in the past month I have noticed that our star ranking banner on our website turns on and off, from zero stars to our 4 1/2 to 5 star ranking.  Today its off again.

I access the Merchant Centre and Customer Reviews are enabled, the Overview says the 'Survey opt-ins received' are being opted in by customers but the "Surveys offered" are not being sent, as of the 11th December.  Although the "Survey responses received" is still receiving surveys.

Can you please advise what might be causing this and how I could fix it.

Thanks.

Leearna

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

the best likely course would be to contact

google-customer-review support directly --

https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/gcr_merchant_contact

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having the exact same issue, 0 offered since Dec 11

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Halil, 

Do you have the star ranking banner on your website?  Is that showing blank (zero stars) also?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It's 0, so I have disabled it

how many reviews have you received in the last 12 months?

I only activated this a few months ago so im still collecting reviews to reach the 150, I should be just around that mark now, 105 from productreview site thats approved and about 50 from customer reviews

Strange we both have identical problem, I was thinking maybe they dont offer them in December as most people may be on holidays..?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I didnt set it up so I dont even know how to remove the banner from my website.  We have thousands of reviews.  Its obviously some type of error because it says it's not sending surveys but responses are coming back in.  It says it sent out 1 review request in December but received 14 reviews back in.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same we had 1 review offered but received 10 reviews

Bigcommerce is integrated so we can just click which side of the page to show it, or not show at all

You will have to edit the code which tells you where to place the badge.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Halil

I had this response from Google, which I thought might be useful to you also.  I am getting my tech to check code because it is definitely not related to lack of customer reviews, November & December are our biggest months.   I canceled all my adwords at the beginning of December (without impacting my traffic greatly), although it is not supposed to be related, it is a big coincidence.

"We've checked your account on our end and can see that your store recently dipped below the required amount of reviews needed to display your seller rating.

In order for your seller rating to be visible, your store needs to maintain 150 unique reviews. Looking at the graphical data in your Merchant Centre account, it looks like your store dropped below this around 18 December. If you think there may be issues with your code or the data Google is receiving for your store, we would advise you to check to make sure it has been implemented correctly and in the format outlined in our Help Centre. Once you've confirmed that the code has been integrated without any issues, please try making a test order on your website to check that the survey opt-in window is displaying correctly. If you're able to see the opt-in window during the checkout process, then your code should be working properly.

As seller ratings and their requirements are managed by AdWords, we're very sorry to say that we're unable to provide any specific details on your seller rating. For more information on seller ratings, please feel free to review the AdWords Help Centre. You can also reach out to their support team from here if you have any further questions."

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Strange, its 150 unique reviews in the past 12 months..

I found out there was an issue with my SSL Certificate, which I fixed yesterday

I checked this morning and looks like surveys are being offered again as there was 4 on Jan 8

Who knows, hopefully you get it sorted soon Smiley Happy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Just as an update.  I still do not have a resolution.  They replied via customer service saying that surveys were being sent and sent me a screenshot of 'my page' showing completely different statistics to mine and said they had been serving always.  I then emailed them back my screenshot where it shows they arent being served.  They said I need to refresh cache.  I did, still showed none.  Tried on a different computer, still showed not serving surveys.

Today I log on and they have disabled my Customer Reviews.  Not impressed.