AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3K members online now
3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Crawl making up prices that they claim are on our website = disapproved ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have been using a Google Feed for over 8 years and since the beginning of our time Google has been pulling "prices" off our website that they claim do not match our feed.   These "prices" they find are either the dimensions of the product, quantity available, a number in the title, such as "Realistic Resin Birch Bark Tube Vase Set/3" they will claim is $3.00 on our website. completely ignoring the actual price that matches the feed and the website with the dollar sign in front of it etc.

For the last month, I am apparently on the "making waves" list and now it happens at least 3 times a day.  The only difference is now, Google is pulling numbers out of their a$$ and claiming a number not anywhere ON the landing page is the "value on website" therefor they will disapprove the ad.

My question is, not why does this happen, but how long does it take before Google stops with the games they apparently love to play. 

They even claimed an item that is $18 both on the feed and website was $4, so I changed the price in the feed to $4 and sent them a nasty email informing them that if their intentions were to not mislead their shopping customers they were going about it the wrong way.   The next crawl that item mysteriously became $45 on the website (again a number that was no where located on the landing page) and was disapproved again.

This is getting very old and Google may have the time to play games, but I for one do not.   I am paying them for a service and I am not getting them what I am paying for.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Google Crawl making up prices that they claim are on our website = disapproved ads

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google uses both visual prices and structured data prices. It is recommend to always add structured data so that Google can find the right price.

Google uses automatic systems to ensure the prices match from the product landing page to the data feed, if for any reason the website is not correctly structured than you will encounter issues as you mention. So to resolve this, I recommend to make sure the structured data is added and that the first price listed is the same as in the data feed.

As you can see in the below link, you have no structured data :

https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool/u/0/#url=http%3A%2F%2Fmoose-r-us.com%2FItem%2...

I recommend you contact your web developer and add this data. This will resolve all your issues.

This is also mentioned when you click on learn more within Google Merchant Center.

If you have further questions, please let us know. Please note we are community members (merchants, freelancers, agencies, feed managers, etc...) and not part of Google.

Sidenote : sending Google nasty emails will not help you. Being polite and asking how to resolve the issue will give you a much better response from Google. The people that help questions are not the people who set the policies and rules. So no point making there day bad, instead help yourself by being positive in trying to resolve the issue.

As indicated, it's simply due to missing structured data.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google uses both visual prices and structured data prices.

Well it does not work.   When the price listed is clearly the same as the feed, why is Google pulling numbers out of the air!?

Sidenote: When you have to constantly check your Merchant Center account every hour of the day for bogus prices, perhaps you would be nasty also.  

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As was indicated in my previous post, if you have pricing mismatch issues, you must add structured data to your product landing page.

I recommend you contact your web developer, theme provider or whomever manages your website to add this.

You can point the person to this page : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7331077

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I do not have issues, it seems Google does though as they can not decide on a price that is clearly listed on our website and feed (which you just claimed they use visual prices.

Our website has not changed-only something on Google's end has.  

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

I think you might have misunderstood. If Google can not match the price, even if you have the price on the landing page. Than you have to add structured data.

So, if you want to resolve your issue, add structured data. That is the only way.

Hope it helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Now to me that sounds like a definite Google issue which is why I posted this in the first place.   I also upload the same feed to Bing and they do not have a problem visualizing the price.   I have NEVER gotten a disapproved ad due to "incorrect pricing" on their platform.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

No The Google Advertiser Community <en.advertisercommunity@advertisercommunity.com>, my question was not answered.

It makes no sense that you can not "read" the prices on my website as the number following the $ sign, but can read inches, quantity available and lot size and list those as a price (or even come up with a number that is nowhere on the landing page as the price).   But as soon as I change the price in my feed to match what Google sees as a price, then all of a sudden they can read the number behind the $ sign and disapprove it again.