AdWords
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Affiliate Merchant (Beta)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone ever received a response from Google Affiliate Merchant (Beta)? Yes/No?

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
December 2015

Re: Google Affiliate Merchant (Beta)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
yes.

we were informed that that specific program
was currently closed to any new participants.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by CassieH (Community Manager)
December 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
yes.

we were informed that that specific program
was currently closed to any new participants.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anybody else besides Birdman?

Thats nice you were informed. I've been submitting an application periodically since 2012. Do you know of anyone accepted? Will it ever reach Alpha? Why are these "club" members able to promote affiliates while us unlucky hardworking joes are suspended?

"Google Shopping does not allow the promotion of affiliate or pay-per-click links, products sold through a commission-based relationship, or sites that bulk list products fulfilled through drop-ship consolidators unless affiliates are part of Affiliate Advertising on Google Shopping (Beta) and follow its specific policies"
'
PS. Just curious. Do you work at Google or just enjoy posting in this forum all these years?

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Troy,

Unfortunately this program is now closed, and not planned to expand in the future.

Cassie

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thats Wonderful. :-)

Google should really remove this page (https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2796531?rd=1) It is creating a false representation concerning a  potential solution to affiliate marketing on Google Merchant.  I've spent a great deal of time preparing for acceptance into this program; in fact, I would say I have the prototypical example of what would be considered acceptable for a Affiliate Marketing Website On Google Merchant  (Not to mention the 20K price tag I used to purchase the domain name to go along with this prototypical site).  Shame on Google for wasting my time and getting my hope up high.  Thanks. 

Also, so others dont waste their time with Google Merchant that do not have the means to buy a Home Depot, I suggest to remove this page:  https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/2811972

And this page: https://www.google.com/appserve/fb/forms/googleshoppingaffiliates/

Affiliates

Affiliate Advertising on Google Shopping (Beta) enables affiliates to participate in Google Shopping. Affiliates that are part of this beta program can advertise products from a merchant’s site by uploading products with links that direct users to product pages on that merchant’s site. Participating affiliates must agree to our Merchant Center Terms.

Learn more about Affiliate Advertising on Google Shopping (Beta) and the Google Shopping affiliates and catalogued drop shipping policies.

If you have fifteen years or more of programming/Markteting/Affflate experience it should prompt a response for an award, not a suspension. Weed out the affiliate spammers keep the affiliate experts. Not everyone wants to work for wasteful, overvalued companies; such as, Walmart, Home Depot or Lowes.

RE: Post By Stan
hah 'most affiliates dont meet the requiremnts'... i've heard so many times google say 'affiliates are bad user experience'. Why do you think that reading reviews and comments with the right disclosure before buying something is bad user experience? Thats what we all do before we buy stuff.

i got this from adwords "I asked them what you could do to fix the issues and they told me to have you remove these bridging links {links}" (thats on a website with many pages and only 4 affiliate links)
Tell me why reading a review with a link at the end is bad but reading the same review without a link and a text that says 'if you wish to buy, please open a new tab, go to google, search for the same thing but click on a different link" is okay?

I know why google thinks its bad user experience... because they want to discourage people from doing affiliate marketing and thus force the brands to reach out and use google sponsorship.

this shows your idea of good user experience.... a cra**y link with a fat price tag on it.... in truth, affiliates like me and probably the person who started this topic offer better user experience than you guys... because we offer opinions, comments and ideas and we inform the people about the items they are about to buy.... and your idea of user experience is a link with a big price tag.
If this sponsored add is considered like an adwords add, then you are not even following your own rules... you make these policies that you do not follow and enforce them on us in attempt to deny us traffic... thats gaming the system on itself.

Google is so big that if i say every bit of info goes thru you it would probably be true. That means your priorities should extend beyond money. I dont mind you doing your own affiliate marketing but please, allow us to compete with you instead of shutting us off.

P.S. - another amazing thing was google saying "why should you visit a website that talkes about another website instead of just visiting that website" and the answer is because people want to learn more and most of the merchant websites simply dont offer much beyound prices and basic details... so please dont use that to cover up your low quality, poor user experience, bridge (because the sponosred add is just a bridge to the merchant without any additional info) affiliate marketing.
GO TO BEST ANSWER

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Troy,

I understand this is disappointing news. The program is not permanently closed, or else those pages would indeed be taken down. However, last I heard there is no set timeline for expansions of the program. If it is reopened in the future it will likely be some time from now.

Since you've already submitted the application multiple times, there is nothing further you need to do to be considered if the program reopens.

Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi CassieH,

Back to the drawing board, for a change of game plan, I guess. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Troy

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If done professional, I dont think that a particular marketing sector should be left out; especially a paying customer. Google had it right with the Google Affiliate Merchant Beta.