AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Google Adwords + Google Merchant Centre

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello ,

I have mixed questions about Merchant centre and adwords so i have to choose Adwords section , i request the Admin not to move this post in other threads as it create confusion only.

1) My 1st question is - I found a guy from one of the freelancing site who will do complete adwords campaign for my E-Commerce website (Obviously i dont know him).He will also also make shopping ads so he will need to have my merchant account also.And i am using the same email id for the google products , so if ill give him login id and password to create feeds in merchant account then he can access my other google products also which i dont want so what can i do by which by which he can successfully create feeds in merchant account and cant access other google products of mine like search console , google analytics , gmail , youtube ??

2) My 2nd question is - which access should i give him to create adwords campaigns - 
http://i.imgur.com/HY9v05M.png

3) And my last question is - After ill give him access in my adwords account then can he also access my search console and analytics from the adwords account (If yes then how to avoid it because i dont want that) because i am seeing these 2 options there ? -  http://i.imgur.com/1WfWZzw.png

I hope the experts will give best answer so that i can make the things happen without any issue.
Awaiting your response.
Thank You.

p.s.- I am new so dont know how to let adwords campaign happen successfully for e commerce websites from a another guy which i met over internet 2 days back.So please help because the knowledge ill get from here will help me to keep away from scammers.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Adwords + Google Merchant Centre

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hey,

Instead of giving him your login ID/password ask him for his Google account and invite him to your AdWords and Merchant Center accounts . This will ensure that he won't be able to access your other Google properties using your login ID. Also, if an AdWords account is linked to something like Google Analytics or Search Console the password won't be exposed in AdWords and he won't have the ability to access them assuming he is logged in through his own Google Account.

Add a user instructions:
AdWords (Standard Access): https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6372672
Merchant Center: Just go to Settings > Users and click +user

-Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Rising Star, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hello Sir ,

Someone from my team replied on this post.I deleted that to avoid confusion and posting again.Please reply.

Instead of giving him your login ID/password ask him for his Google account and invite him to your AdWords and Merchant Center accounts
=> You mean ill ask his email id then ill invite him as standard use in both merchant and adwords account ?

This will ensure that he won't be able to access your other Google properties using your login ID
=> Then can he access analytics and search console from my adwords account ?
http://i.imgur.com/1WfWZzw.png

Merchant Center: Just go to Settings > Users and click +user.
=> Which access should i give him in merchatn account and in adwords.Because if ill give him standard access in adwords then he can also see billing details which i dont want and if ill give him read only access then whats the use of hiring him and paying him to create adwords campaigns ?

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
1. Yes
2. No
3. Only administrators can see the full billing details

Administrative access -- Manage all aspects of the account and give people access.
Standard access -- Make changes to campaigns and give people email-only access.
Read-only access -- View campaigns and run reports.
Email only access -- Receive account alerts and reports via email.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello Again Sir ,

Thanks for your reply.Only 1 doubt left.

In standard access he can see billing details - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704346?hl=en

What do you mean by full billing details ?

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Normally they will not be able to see your full credit card details. But based on your link, you seem to be correct, as I have never edited any of my clients billing details nor added one. I would have only guessed they could add there own billing details. Not copy your details. However they can see the billing address.

As this is now going beyond my knowledge I recommend you contact Google Adwords for a more clear explanation.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en-GB
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
There is definitely an issue with giving access to merchant centre account. Unlike Adwords and Analytics you can only give grant access to another google user if they do not already have a merchant centre account. This is really irritating and not sure why google have never fixed this.

I manage many google merchant centre accounts and the only was to access them is to request the google username and password from the client.

You can ask google support over the phone to add multiple domains to your merchant centre account. The only problem there is that the client already has a merchant centre account, you do not want to create a second account from scratch making the clients account unlinked. You can't really go forward in this way.

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
since the main, primary purpose, of giving access to the merchant-center
is to handle feed data, the handling of the feed data can be done without
any access, whatsoever, to the account itself.

all that is usually needed is for the client to (a) add the manager's
email as the technical-contact and (b) to give the manager only the
ftp-username and ftp-password or scheduled-fetch-url, and the exact
registered feed file-name, that is being maintained by the manager.

user-access is mainly good for temporary access to handle a specific issue --
in which case, the admin/manager user should be added for the duration of
any configuration or the issue's resolution and then immediately removed.

otherwise, a multi-client-account would be used
by the manager and the client would relinquish
the entire account as a sub-account.