AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Getting this message: Automatic item updates: Missing schema.org microdata availability information

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The feed has this information. Is the problem with the landing page?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting this message: Automatic item updates: Missing schema.org microdata availability informat

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hey Frank,

This is just a suggestion from Google and not required. Valid schema.org microdata allows Google to read your landing page which enables automatic item updates. This reduces the risk of account suspension for price and availability mismatches and prevents temporary item disapproval.

Jim
Jim Vaillancourt, AdWords Top Contributor, LinkedIn
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Re: Getting this message: Automatic item updates: Missing schema.org microdata availability informat

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Jim,

So can I just disregard these messages?
Do I get these messages only because I have auto feed setup?
What would happen if I paused the auto feed option and uploaded manually instead?

Thanks for your reply.

Frank

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It is recommended to fulfill all requirements both warnings, errors and suggestions as this improves the quality of your data feed. A higher quality data feed sends positive signals to improved ranking.

So I do not recommend to simply ignore it.

Depending on your eCommerce platform there are easy ways to implements microdata. Simply Google adding google shopping microdata to find a bunch of articles that explain how to do it.

You can also ask your web developer if you have one to add the requirements which are available on schema.org

Hope it helps.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’