AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Getting more impressions in Google Shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are in the home accessories space and sell our product directly to consumers as well as through wholesale channels. Our Google Shopping campaign has been running for several months and about 2 months ago, we optimized our product feed so we could get more impressions in Google Shopping. 

However, we just aren't seeing growth in impressions, clicks or transactions. 

Anecdotally, when I search for our products, I see all the wholesale retailers that sell them show up in Google Shopping but we still don't.

A few weeks ago, we went into Doubleclick and increased our bids on Google Shopping. That drove our impressions up but then when Doubleclick started optimizing, the volume dropped again.

Then last week, we went in and changed our target CPA by increasing it by $20, but we just can't seem to get our impression volume to grow. 

Given that we are a product driven company, I feel like Google Shopping should be accounting for a much larger share of our Search account and right now, it's only 30% in terms of impressions and 12% of clicks. 

Is there something obvious that we're missing? Any suggestions and / or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

To see if there are more impressions available, use search rank lost column. If you have more than 10% lost, than bump up the bidding.

If it's less than 10% than it means you have reached the maximum potential eligible impressions.

What you could do, is to try and further improve your data feed, campaign setup etc...

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Emmanuel - thank you so much for the response and help on this. 

Even if I'm using Doubleclick, if I see Search rank is more than 10%, you're suggesting I manually bump up the bidding, correct?

Thanks! 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

This column tells you that there is more available impressions if you bid higher. So if you want to gain more, than ether bid higher or improve the quality of the ad or both.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’