AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Getting Refund For Google Shopping Click That Show Up Even With Negative Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Here is my issue:

I run Google Shopping and have lots of negative keywords.

However I still get clicks for some of these, even though my products should not even be showing up.

What is the formal process to get a refund for these, as I specifically used negative keywords to prevent this from happening? I have clicks every single day that I need refunds for.

A

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Getting Refund For Google Shopping Click That Show Up Even With Negative Keywords

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Anthony L can you give us an example of a search term and a negative Keyword where you've seen a click?

I have to say, in every case I've seen like this either there's a valid reason why the negative appears ineffective, or there's an issue with the reporting of the data.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Re: Getting Refund For Google Shopping Click That Show Up Even With Negative Keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sure

Search Term:
low t supplement

Negative Keyword:
[low t supplement]

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Anthony L thanks, and you're sure this Search term matched against the Shopping Campaign, and that same Shopping Campaign is covered by the negative, and the date range you're looking at covers a period when the negative was in place without a break?

What does it say alongside the Search term in the report?  Does it say 'Excluded' or 'None'?

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits