AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Get more traffic from Google Shopping

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey!

I do marketing for a lingerie webshop with a total of over 300 products. The product feed is online, but Google Shopping are generating few views and cliks. Total in december was 391 views and 8 clicks. 

I've adjusted the bids from 3NOK to 7NOK and last 7 days we have 192 views and 1 click.

Is there a way to get more exposure in Google Shopping? I've thought of adding more text to each product on our website. Will this give more exposure?

Thanks.

Mvh

Marius

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Make sure you have added all data feed attributes such as color, size, gender, age group etc... Not adding all this info will limit your potential impression rate

Make sure your product prices are competitive and not extremely expensive. A high price will limit your potential impression rate

Make sure your titles correctly describe your product and not just be brand + product number

Make sure your bids are high enough, check the max cpc graph to see if what you can gain or use the impression search lost column to see your maximum potential.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!

"Make sure you have added all data feed attributes such as color, size, gender, age group etc"

Product feed is automatically generated from our webshop. Where can I add more data feed attributes? 

"Make sure your bids are high enough, check the max cpc graph to see if what you can gain or use the impression search lost column to see your maximum potential."

If I place a bid over the max cpc, is it then more likely to be shown on the front page?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

1) Check the tool you are using, there are 100's of tools out there. So I recommend reading the tool's documentation or contact the the application company, etc...

Or you can add attributes using a supplement feed, please check here : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7439058?hl=en

2) There is no such thing as placing a bid over the max CPC. The bidding is done on the column max cpc, do you maybe mean benchmark cpc or something else?

Here is an explanation on maximum cpc : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6326?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again Emmanuel, 

I've added a supplement feed now, but when I open the Google Sheet it's empty. Do you have any tips how to structure the sheet for the supplement feed?

I guess there's is a way I have to structure it to link ut the attributes to the correct products etc.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

1) Make sure you have a product id, use your existing product feed data.

2) add the column name of the attribute you want to add. More info : https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en

Hope it helps.