AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Geo Targeting and Day-parting on Shopping Campaign?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I wanted to use day-parting modifiers to make my Shopping Campaign open 24 hours specifically for several locations. However, for other locations I want to open to them only in high-traffic day parts. Do I have to set up a new Shopping Campaign to achieve this?

ThanksSmiley Happy

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author TAI A
September 2015

Re: Geo Targeting and Day-parting on Shopping Campaign?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tai,

It sounds like you might be talking about two different modifiers. You can set location modifiers to increase or decrease bids in certain locations. You can separately set time of day modifiers to increase/decrease bids during certain hours. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to specify that you'd like to increase or decrease a certain location within a certain hour. (I wish it were possible, though!)

I would suggest making different campaigns for the different time frames you are interested in targeting. You could group locations that have similar time-of-day targeting, so that you don't have to have a separate campaign for each location.

I hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tai,

You should exclude the locations in the old campaign to ensure that the old campaign doesn't ever take precedence in the locations that you are trying to create new schedules for.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tai,

It sounds like you might be talking about two different modifiers. You can set location modifiers to increase or decrease bids in certain locations. You can separately set time of day modifiers to increase/decrease bids during certain hours. Unfortunately, it isn't possible to specify that you'd like to increase or decrease a certain location within a certain hour. (I wish it were possible, though!)

I would suggest making different campaigns for the different time frames you are interested in targeting. You could group locations that have similar time-of-day targeting, so that you don't have to have a separate campaign for each location.

I hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy,

Thank you for your advice. When I create another shopping campaign targeting only top markets, do I have to exclude these markets in the old shopping campaign OR I just need to set the new shopping campaign with a higher priority level?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Tai,

You should exclude the locations in the old campaign to ensure that the old campaign doesn't ever take precedence in the locations that you are trying to create new schedules for.

Hope this helps!