AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Generic terms triggering one specific product

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

In my Shopping Campaign Ad Groups, I tend to get one product that gets 75% of the traffic. I presume that this is because it is getting the traffic for generic terms like 'fridge' or 'cooker'. (I can see these terms in the Dimensions tab).

How do I limit this generic traffic or change the product it goes to? Most of the time, Google seems to choose a rubbish product to display for the generic terms.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J_Leicester
September 2015

Re: Generic terms triggering one specific product

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Solved this talking to Google Help. Can close.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J_Leicester
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Solved this talking to Google Help. Can close.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey,

it seems you haven't added Nagative keyword for your PLA campaigns. Visit https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453972?hl=en.

Please let me know if you are looking for something else.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yeah, I know about negative keywords and will decide about using them more. Ideally I would like to be able to tailor products more so I can choose which ones show for more generic terms but that isn't really possible. Also, I would like to know why Google chooses 1 specific product out of maybe 200 to show for the generic terms when it isn't special in any way but no one really knows how the algorithms works.

Regards