AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Generic terms triggering one specific product

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

In my Shopping Campaign Ad Groups, I tend to get one product that gets 75% of the traffic. I presume that this is because it is getting the traffic for generic terms like 'fridge' or 'cooker'. (I can see these terms in the Dimensions tab).

How do I limit this generic traffic or change the product it goes to? Most of the time, Google seems to choose a rubbish product to display for the generic terms.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J_Leicester
September 2015

Re: Generic terms triggering one specific product

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Solved this talking to Google Help. Can close.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author J_Leicester
September 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Solved this talking to Google Help. Can close.

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey,

it seems you haven't added Nagative keyword for your PLA campaigns. Visit https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453972?hl=en.

Please let me know if you are looking for something else.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yeah, I know about negative keywords and will decide about using them more. Ideally I would like to be able to tailor products more so I can choose which ones show for more generic terms but that isn't really possible. Also, I would like to know why Google chooses 1 specific product out of maybe 200 to show for the generic terms when it isn't special in any way but no one really knows how the algorithms works.

Regards