AdWords
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

GTIN errors in shopping feed

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If there is a GTIN missing error that is becuase there should be a GTIN number, I understand that. 

And our feed states this

<g:identifier_exists>TRUE</g:identifier_exists>

So we must have them....but where?! Smiley Happy   I cannot see in our product lists there there is a GTIN number anywhere, so why would we have

1) only 30 errors from 4000 products. 
2) if we don't have GTIN should I change 'TRUE' to 'FALSE' ?

I have just taken over the account so I am unsure if there could be GTIN and I need to get from manufacturer and/or for some reason the 'GTIN exists' should have been set originally for 'FALSE' 

Plus we have this already:

<g:brand>{manufacturer}</g:brand>
<g:mpn>{sku}</g:mpn>
<g:identifier_exists>TRUE</g:identifier_exists>

So I thought MPN and BRAND was sufficient?  And so no need for GTIN? 

Any pointers would be a great help

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Identifier exists = false

Do not submit brand, mpn and gtin for products with identifier exists = false

Be 100% sure that gtin does not exist as failing to add them might result in a suspension. Check the product packaging and contact your supplier / manufacturer.

Hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

If there is a GTIN for all the products then I just create a new attribute for each product and insert into feed

But what if there isn't a GTIN number I submit review to Google? Requesting error be removed?

The reason I ask is because these settings have not changed for over one year.  So I am presuming there has never been GTIN numbers.   All I have done is add more products to the feed.  Which has the same data fields as the original products we included in the feed.  So I am now thinking the has never been GTIN in feed for over one year.

So I am sure there would have been suspension by now surely? 

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Suspensions can happen at any time whenever the automated or manual review takes place. Some issues can be from a year ago, some from recent policy changes.

Regardless of the issue, I recommend to ensure you update the data feed to be accurate to ensure no potential suspensions take place.

The rule is : If the manufacture has assigned a bar code, you as a merchant need to submit this to Google. If the manufacturer has not assigned a bar code, than assign identifier exits to false and do not submit gtin, mpn or brand.

You can also read up on Google's policy

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6149970?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: GTIN errors in shopping feed

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Strange how we have never had one.

We have MPN and Brand.

All the feed warnings are from the updated feed of the last few days. None of the errors or warnings are from last year.

As I said I will check the products for bar codes.

And get them inputted asap.