AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

GTIN Numbers on text (tab Delimited) feed starting 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have had a look an the forum but couldn't find an answer, so sorry if I've missed it.

I use Text (tab delimited) feeds to upload my shopping.  I have been adding GTIN but my suppliers use 11 digit GTIN.  I have read that you can make it up to 12 digits by adding a 0 to the start of the number but the tab delimited excel sheet automatically deletes the 0 when I save and google rejects the 11 digit GTIN.

How do I get around this?

Do I have to change the format from tab delimited to add GTINs or is there a way.  I tried addin ' before the 0 but google didn't like that either.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks

Andrea J

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GTIN Numbers on text (tab Delimited) feed starting 0

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

In Excel convert the cell to text. If you don't know how to do that search for:
excel convert cell to text.

When you now add a leading 0 it will be kept.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Emmanuel
I have tried doing that but it still drops the leading 0. Once I save the file and reopen leading 0 gone again.
Thanks
Andrea J

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
It is normal once you open a CSV file in Excel. To truly check it you need to open it in a normal txt editor. Like Notepad.

You will see the 0 is there.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’