AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

GTIN Numbers on text (tab Delimited) feed starting 0

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I have had a look an the forum but couldn't find an answer, so sorry if I've missed it.

I use Text (tab delimited) feeds to upload my shopping.  I have been adding GTIN but my suppliers use 11 digit GTIN.  I have read that you can make it up to 12 digits by adding a 0 to the start of the number but the tab delimited excel sheet automatically deletes the 0 when I save and google rejects the 11 digit GTIN.

How do I get around this?

Do I have to change the format from tab delimited to add GTINs or is there a way.  I tried addin ' before the 0 but google didn't like that either.

Any help really appreciated.

Thanks

Andrea J

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: GTIN Numbers on text (tab Delimited) feed starting 0

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

In Excel convert the cell to text. If you don't know how to do that search for:
excel convert cell to text.

When you now add a leading 0 it will be kept.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Emmanuel
I have tried doing that but it still drops the leading 0. Once I save the file and reopen leading 0 gone again.
Thanks
Andrea J

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
It is normal once you open a CSV file in Excel. To truly check it you need to open it in a normal txt editor. Like Notepad.

You will see the 0 is there.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’