AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

GOOGLE SHOPPING: make rules that exclude out of stock products

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi AdWords people.

We are a dropshipping company and we don't have stock. 

Therefor we keep track on our suppliers stock, and in Google Shopping we have, through the feed, made a custom label that point out all "out of stock" products.

When a product is out of stock we want to make some kind of rule or automation that power the bid or exclude the products when they are out of stock, and raise the bid/include the products again, when they are back in stock. 

This is a very difficult task, and I just can't find any way to do it.. 

I hope to get some help in here.

Best regards,

Nicolai Oestergaard

www.boboonline.dk

3 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Please note, you can not advertise products via drop shipping on Google Shopping as it is a violation. Instead, you need to enlist in the beta program referenced in this document: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6363310?hl=en

With regards to your exclude products based on stock, or change the bidding, you will need to look at Google Adwords API's which is beyond the scope of this forum. More info: https://developers.google.com/adwords/api/docs/guides/start

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again. 

thanks. It is not fully dropshipping, but we only get the products home when they are sold. 

Regarding the task, I was thinking that it could be done with some of the settings in automatic item updates here:

screenshot here:

https://ibb.co/g0Arqy

Best regards, Nicolai

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Automatic updates do not change product max CPC. The only way to achieve your goals is by creating a Google Adwords API

The screenshot you mention is to update the data feed info. Which is not something you should rely on. You have to make sure the data feed is always accurate, by pushing updates on a daily basis. Or if the data changes more than once per day, create a Google Shopping Content API.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Why can't you just use availability: out of stock in your feed?

That's what it is for. If it says out of stock in your feed, ads for that product won't run.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Rob.

Yes, it does. I thought that too, but I can see that it shows them anyway.. 

Any solution for fixing that?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

When a product is placed out of stock, it can take Google 24 hours to stop advertising for it in Adwords. Google does not have an instant system in place.

The only way to achieve your requirements is by using a Google Adwords API, which you can ask advice from the previously referenced documentation.

What you are currently asking is beyond the abilities of Google's default system.

If you are not able to do this, then my suggestion is to use Google Shopping API, here you can push availability status as soon as it changes on your website, and it should reflect in Google Adwords in 2 to 3 hours.

If you need this to be faster, the only way for you to move forward is to set up a system to communicate Google Adwords API with your spreadsheet, which is a very technical undertaking. If you are not able to do this yourself then I recommend asking on the Adwords API forum for a developer to help you with this.

Hope it helps.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

note that google generally expects shopping-ads to
have accurate availability information, at all times.

having direct access to on-hand, physical, inventory, and checkout-flows,
allow merchants to accurately anticipate when an item will be out of stock,
well before the shopping-ad details need to be updated.

most drop-ship related supply-chains cannot meet google's
policies with respect to availability, even when using google's
content-api to update the information -- that is one reason
why most drop-shipping related supply-chains are not allowed
to advertise using shopping-ads and will usually, eventually,
trigger a disapproval or suspension.