AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Forcing registration before adding to cart

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm trying to add my e-commerce site to google Merchant and I have some policy question.

We have on our site a special mechanism that calculates the best delivery option for you based on your postal code and floor (we sale furniture). The user can see the product price, description, condition and every thing but he can't add to cart unless he is logged in. Will I have a problem?

Thank you,
Ido.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Forcing registration before adding to cart

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Yes,

You can not force users to register before buying.

I recommend you remove this function and find a non forceful way to show the delivery costs, for example by adding a post code look up system.

hope it helps
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Forcing registration before adding to cart

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi,

As suggested by Emmanuel F, this is not the right step to restrict the user to add the products to the cart without login.

Instead, you should ask to sign in/sign up when user continues to buy the products in the cart.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’