AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Finding negtive keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have campaigns for various manufacturers and I want to see which searches have been done for each so I can identify negative keywords.

I am sure there was a tool I have used before in GoogleAdwords Campaign Management where I could input a manufacturers name and see all the searches which included the name so I could go through them and identify the negative keywords.

For the life of me I can't find it anymore. Can anyone point me in the right direction please

Thanks

Andrea

2 Expert replyverified_user

Finding negtive keywords

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Andrea,

Great question!

1. Go to the Keywords tab

2. Click on the Search terms tab

3. Click Filter, Create filter, and change the filter dimension to "Search term"

4. Type the name of the manufacturer into the box and you will see the search terms filtered to only show terms that include the manufacturer name

Remember that people often misspell names when searching, so you may want to look through your search terms list for any common misspellings.

I hope that helps!

John

Finding negtive keywords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi John

Thanks for replying but I'm afraid you're dealing with the terminally thick

Should I select a campaign first and then go to the keywords tab

Not too sure how to change the filter dimension to "Search term" I have tried but can't see any box to enter the manufacturers name in.

All I seem to be able to generate is a list of list of search terms for all the manufacturers which shows my campaign and ad group.

I'm really sorry, I know it's not as hard as I'm making it

Andrea 

Re: Finding negtive keywords

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Andrea,

It's absolutely fine. Yes select your campaign first and then under keywords tab click on search term. If you want to see search term for individual adgroup - first select campaign > select adgroup > go to keywords tab and click on search term.

If you want to see for particular keyword > tick mark on check box before keyword and click on search term.

Now coming to filter:

Go to campaign > search term > Click filter drop down (you can find it below search term) > Fron drop down select search term > contains > in the box enter manufacturer name. see the screenshot below to locate it easily:

Capture1.JPG

You can click on check mark on save filter and give it a name. So next time you would just need to select your saved filter from filter drop down. You won't need to create filter.

Let us know if you face any issue. 

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Finding negtive keywords

Rising Star
# 5
Rising Star

Thanks, Neha, for jumping in with the screenshots and additional explanation. 

Hopefully that answers your question, Andrea! If not, let us know.

Best,

John