AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Find URLs with no search results

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have an ecommerce site which has recenltly changed it's stock inventory. Some of the URLs in the ads were going to search results pages however, now that the stock inventory has changed, some of the URLs are not showing any products.  Instead the pages say something on the lines of "your search returned no results".

How do you guys check for URLs which display no results? Is there an automated way to check for any URL that includes a specific "no results found" type message?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Find URLs with no search results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Rashed
Unfortunately, nono. Unless the page is outputting a specific error code (a HTTP one, not just an application specific one)there's no way to search AdWords to automatically crawl landing pages for specific text.

You can use AdWords scripts to crawl for error codes if that's the route you want to take.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Dave_Davis,

Thanks for your reply. Is there a script that can do this? I've tried looking on the Internet for a script but none of them seem to work. I used to have a script that did this but after the Final URL update happened, the script stopped working. I tried changing the destination URL in the script to Final URL but it still didn't work.

Does anyone know where I can find a script that can help me?

Thanks

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
You could write a PHP script that checks the content of the page for a specific sentence/word. However it's better to check for redirects with a simple header check. As I'm guessing you are redirecting those that could not be found.

Use your data feed as the source.
Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’