AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

3.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Find Image Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am struggling to find a valid image link to submit with my product feed.  I have an online store with godaddy, even called them but they are not sure either.

Tried copy image URL and submitting that, but still comes up as invalid.

If I can't get a image URL I am going to have to give up on google shopping :-(

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April

Find Image Link

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Simply go to your product landing page, than right click on the image you want to use and select copy image link.

Now you can use this URL for your product image url.

No point giving up, it's a simple matter of knowing what to do. If in doubt this community is here to help where possible.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
April

Find Image Link

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Simply go to your product landing page, than right click on the image you want to use and select copy image link.

Now you can use this URL for your product image url.

No point giving up, it's a simple matter of knowing what to do. If in doubt this community is here to help where possible.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Find Image Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ive tried that already, the link it copies is not valid on the product feed.

Find Image Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For example here is what copies when I click copy image link:

https://img1.wsimg.com/isteam/ip/79f666b2-b6c4-4be0-99a5-9f54942aff88/logo/f63c6a34-9e35-412f-b9b8-6...

Not valid in product feed - needs to start with my domain name.

Find Image Link

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Simply remove everything after .jpg

For example https://img1.wsimg.com/isteam/ip/79f666b2-b6c4-4be0-99a5-9f54942aff88/logo/f63c6a34-9e35-412f-b9b8-6...

Find Image Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

.jpg isn't on the link?

Find Image Link

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

I don't understand you question, please test the image I submitted in the previous post.

If it works, compare your link with the one I gave you and check at the end. You will see that I remove everything after .jpg

Hope it helps.

Find Image Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ok I have now removed everything after .jpg.   Entered into product feed (google sheets template) and still coming up as invalid data.

Find Image Link

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Make sure you do not use Google Spreadsheet validation tool, this does not work and is still in beta. Only use Google Merchant Center to validate data.

This can be done in two sections

Products > feed > select your feed > processing

Products > diagnostics > items

Please share your document so we forum members can have a look at it.

If sharing this info to the public is not possible, than the only way to resolve this is by contacting Google directly here : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7218750

Find Image Link

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

diagnostics saying robots.txt restriction