AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

File Pre-Processing :Failure [What You Should Do]

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 23
Top Contributor

Update : Google has resolved the message errors as of 7th March 2018

1) Post feedback to Google's Tech Team by going to Google Merchant > Top Right Corner > Feedback

And submit the issue.

Unfortunately posting on the forum will not fix this issue. This is just a member to member forum, meaning other people helping others. As this is technical of nature and is happening to everyone please be patient until Google has resolved the issue. We are also volunteers helping others and are not part of Google.

At the moment all existing feeds, continue as before. No products will be removed as long as the expire date is not reached. For example if you updated the feed yesterday, than you have 30 days until it expires.

For new products, they seem to be processed as well.

Based on my testing it is only a visual message error and not actual error. You will notice when you wait 2 to 3 hours that all products are updated.

You can stop sweating now Smiley Happy

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’
1 Expert replyverified_user

File Pre-Processing: Failure

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I uploaded a txt file to our Google Merchant center primary feed and it says "File pre-processing:Failure. Basic product data completeness and correctness"

I've never experienced this before and am unsure as to why it's suddenly displaying. I upload pretty much the same file every week (with very minor updates) and everything always goes smoothly. Below are feed details and a picture for reference:

Feed Properties

Input method: Manual Upload

Total file size: 567.73 KB

Detected encoding: UTF-8

Detected delimiter: Tab (\t)

Default timezone for dates: UTC-0800

Merchant Center Screenshot.JPG

Is there any way to find out why the file pre-processing has failed? There is no link to an error report.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm experiencing the very same issue, which makes me think there might be something going wrong right now on their end.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm getting the same issue here. Something's gotta be wrong with the big G

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've got that problem as well so i'm glad its not just me. Has Google made any changes to their feed specs at all recently?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same here - Compared feed to an older version. Its the same except for the date.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am also going to see the Same Error? What does it mean and how to resolve it?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm am seeing the same thing.  Feed is fetched from a script that has not changed.

Initially the error was presented but processing the feed still continued, it appears now that the feed processing has quit as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same problem here too

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Same issue with me! Same feed as always. Has to be on their end.