AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Feed Rules Updates in Merchant Center

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Transform your product data with newly expanded Feed Rules to get more of your products live on Google Shopping!

With the latest update, you can now:
- Partially change or update existing values. For example, you can update specific values of the color attribute while keeping other existing color values intact.
- Create new values by combining static values and/or values from different attributes in your feed. For example, you can add size type values to your product title values.
- Extract values from other attribute values. For example, you can populate a color value by searching in the description attribute for pre-selected values (blue, green, red, yellow) that will be suitable for the color attribute.

You can learn more here on the Help Center.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Feed Rules Updates in Merchant Center

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
If you have any questions, please leave them below and we'll be happy to help.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
After switching to the new Merchant Center UI, the Feed Rules section is completely blank. Nothing populates for me. I was previously using Feed Rules before. After clearing my cache, trying different browsers, etc... there is still nothing. I was told by Google that this is a known issue.

Any others having this issue? Or any update from Google about a fix?

Thanks,

Marcus

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

N/A
# 5
N/A

adding gtin to existing feeds. Does the order of feed columns matter? Also, custom products for the gtin should be left blank or should I put in - within the column???

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Order does not matter

Custom products need to have a column identifier exists and set the value to false

GTIN, MPN and Brand must be empty if you have custom products.

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

how do I find the postal code merchant setup is asking for and what and how do I obtain the feed?

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

If you are talking about your business info, than add your business info. Otherwise please explain what we are talking about.

You create a data feed by ether :

Spreadsheet

XML data feed

Plugin > xml data feed

Plugin > api data feed

Management systems

etc...

If you are using an ecommerce platform than you need to find out which method best suits you. Do some research on Google, forums etc...

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is it possible to define a feed rule for "expiration date" that is "today + 5 days" rather than an actual date? Our feed is auto-generated by our ecommerce platform so I can't change it there.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

You need to add product location as a feed attribute for each product. Like country and postal code, USA, 85009.

This will greatly simplify the absolute mess in the shipping attributes and also shipping labels.

Creating this default origination for products is dirt simple. Its what all shipping calculators use, except Google, who trys to use one default location for a company then foolery to try and fix things. Using shipping labels is a complicated workaround (we use it now). But shipping labels are limited to 20 labels in Google system (why????). We need 200+ locations.

Just give us the option to add ship from default zip code in the feed, and tell the adwords folks to add an option to set product location by that feed attribute.  Then, all these crazy wrong shipping value errors go away... Life is better.