AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.2K members online now
3.2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Feed ID & SKU Values

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

My feed is set up primary value "Product ID" which is an internal ID like 12345 and we also have a value for SKU of course. We are looking to change our SKUs because our current SKUs that were auto generated via Magento are horrendous. 

Question: if our feed is pulling primarily by product ID, would changing the product SKUs have a negative impact? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Feed ID & SKU Values

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Yes this will remove all your historic ranking and destroy remove all your data in Adwords. Changing it now would have a lot of bad effects.

Changing the ID will also trigger a full product review again, which can take between 3 to 5 business days.

It is not recommended to change the product ID, however, if it improves your business to see the SKU, then go ahead, but expect to start from the beginning again.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Feed ID & SKU Values

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Emmanuel,

I have the same problem. Is there any way to work around this? For example, what if you keep using your old feed, does Google crawl your website for the SKU?

Feed ID & SKU Values

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

If you wan to use SKU, by all means, there is nothing stopping you. However, when changing 1 id to another, will remove all your historic ranking and will put your product in a review process. There is no workaround.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’