AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Feed Approval time for the Second Feed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I read that the First Feed for shopping Ads (in merchant center) takes upto 5 business days to be approved. Why does it take so long and what happens after the first Feed is approved. I mean if I make more feeds later, will they be approved instantly? 

Secondly, I m a bit confused about Shopping Ads Feed. I found that each feed has to be mapped with a google shopping category. Now, if I have 5 categories in my store, do I need to make 5 Feeds for this purpose? Each Feed for each category. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashiqur R
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

All new products will undergo a review process. Every merchant has to undergo this process. The reason it takes so long is due to high volume of products submitted on Google Shopping.

If the feeds have new products, then yes, it will undergo a review process.

If you are unhappy with the service, then please submit feedback by going to Google Merchant Center > Top Right Corner > Feedback

Categories are not a requirement, you should only submit a category if the product fits within the taxonomy listed. You can find a full list here: https://www.google.com/basepages/producttype/taxonomy.en-US.txt

You can only submit 1 product and have 1 category associated with this particular product. If the product can fit into multiple categories then choose the one that fits the product best.

Submitting the same product more than once is a violation as per double serving policy. As this is a serious violation a permanent suspension make be triggered at any time even years later.

Hope this helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashiqur R
June

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

All new products will undergo a review process. Every merchant has to undergo this process. The reason it takes so long is due to high volume of products submitted on Google Shopping.

If the feeds have new products, then yes, it will undergo a review process.

If you are unhappy with the service, then please submit feedback by going to Google Merchant Center > Top Right Corner > Feedback

Categories are not a requirement, you should only submit a category if the product fits within the taxonomy listed. You can find a full list here: https://www.google.com/basepages/producttype/taxonomy.en-US.txt

You can only submit 1 product and have 1 category associated with this particular product. If the product can fit into multiple categories then choose the one that fits the product best.

Submitting the same product more than once is a violation as per double serving policy. As this is a serious violation a permanent suspension make be triggered at any time even years later.

Hope this helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank u very much. I heard that Mapping my product to exact google shopping category helps the visibility in google shopping.How do I market ONLY a single product in my feed, I mean if I choose google shopping campaign in adword, can I choose a single product frm my feed to market.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

what happens after the first Feed that I made is approved. I mean if I make more feeds later, will they be approved instantly? 

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Delete all duplicate products in the feed. Google Merchant Center handles all policy checks.

If you want to target specific products, use subdivisions which you can use to subdivide ad groups and campaigns. To know more: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6275317

If you submit new products, they will go through the same review process. A feed is only a carrier of information, submitting multiple feeds may slow down processes and is adviced to always consolidate into 1 feed. This to also reduce the risk of submitting the same product more than once.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I created A FEED earlier, then I FETCHED the FEED DATA,It has 47 products in LIST. later I DELETED My FEED but there are still products in LIST. So, I tried to delete all those products but it says it will TAKE 2 Hr to reflect the change. (its been more than 2 hrs though).Now if I want to add another Feed, it says some of the products already imported earlier with another feed, but I DELETED all my FEEDs, how come it finds products now ( though there are products in LIST Tab but no feed existent )

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Make sure that you are only submitting 1 feed, then simply click on fetch now again and the duplication warning will be gone.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

but if the feeds have different data why does it bother after the deletion ? I deleted all the feeds, then tried to add a new one and it says so. 

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Deleting a feed does not delete the product. If you do not want these products to be listed than set the availability to out of stock first, then delete the feed.

However, there is no need to delete the feed, if you are simply removing duplicates than you just have to click on fetch now for the updated feed data.

If the product ID is identical then it is considered as far as your data information is supplied the same. Hence why you get the duplication warning.

Products will stay up to 30 days active for advertising unless they are placed out of stock.

Hope this helps.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank u very much for continued reply.

There are some products in Products > List. But the status is shown- Disapproved or invalid.Whereas Diagnostic Tab show 47 and 5 Submitted Items as in HERE. Why isnt there any filter for Submitted Status in List. 

While Fetching some products now I get "Unknown 'google product category' value.
The 'google product category' value must be a recognized product category in the content language or in English." But I Fetched the SAME PRODUCTS once before with the same category without any problem. The category is indeed existent in google shopping taxonomy. Wud u plz have a look HERE .