AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Failed to Process Feed message - Fetching products from Prestashop to GMC

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I seem to be having a problem getting my products from my E-commerce site hosted on Prestashop into Merchant Centre.  I had the Shopping Module installed on the site, linked to my Adwords account, and everything else seems fine.  When I try to fetch products, I get a "failed to process feed" message.  Under diagnostics, the only message given is "unexpected fetch error".  I've tried re-linking the accounts, but still get the same message.  Am I missing something? I'm new to Merchant Centre so any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Have you made your product feed yet? The product feed is an excel spreadsheet (or Google Sheet) with custom attributes for each product that you need to assemble then link to the merchant center. The feed needs to contain each product you want to appear on Google Shopping, and there are some basic attributes to include such as a link to an image of the product, link to the actual product, description, etc. - https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/7052112?hl=en

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/3455481?co=ADWORDS.IsAWNCustomer%3Dfalse&hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dean,

Yes I have.  When linking my MC account with prestashop, this took me through the process of setting up my first product feed, which includes choosing which attributes to include, setting rules, etc.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

It sounds like you are using an App for Prestashop which connects to the Merchant Center via API.  In that situation there would be no "feed spreadsheet", the Prestashop App is just talking to the Merchant Center.  This allows you to control which products are displayed on Google Shopping directly from within the eCommerce App. 

Sounds like you should be checking with Prestashop, or the developer of the Google Shopping App for Prestashop, to resolve this.  I would check in the Google Merchant Center for any errors first.  

Most of the eCommerce vendors offer phone support; and many of their app developers offer some kind of forum or email support.

hth

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve,

https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/6351218

From what I understood from this GMC help page, once the MC account is linked with Prestashop, and the feed is registered, products will then be fetched to the feed that has been created, and will automatically stay updated.  

I have registered my feed but cannot get MC to fetch products from my linked Prestashop account.  What would be the convenience of importing through an E-commerce platform otherwise if this wasn't the case?

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

All 3rd party import systems are currently bugged, in other words you can't connect prestashop to google merchant.

Please contact Google Adwords for highlighting the error: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/8206?hl=en

On a sidenote it has been like this for two months, so if you need results quicker I recommend looking at alternative solutions to get your products listed in Google Merchant.

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Emmanuel,

Much appreciated.  Now that I know this is a known issue, I'll try listing my products with Google spreadsheets.

Re: Failed to Process Feed message - Fetching products from Prestashop to GMC

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Had the same issue with the new module... I have a old Google Shopping module which will auto create xml file and you can auto sync the feed by adding it in your google shopping center. <edited by a Community Manager as noted below>

Note: this post has been edited by a Community Manager, per Community Posting Guidelines.