AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

FTP Upload error on new feeds

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have had FTP Uploads in our software for years for our merchants. If there was a feed setup using the old feeds it still works but we have a new merchant that wants this but is getting an Authentication error. We are just uploading the XML Products Feed to ftp://uploads.google.com/ using cURL using the username/password from the Google Merchant Center.

I am able to use an FTP client with the supplied credentials from the Google Merchant Center, but after uploading the file nothing happens in the Merchant Center. No products, errors or even an acknowledgement of there ever being an upload. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rassydawg
October

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This was of no help but I solved my problem. It was an incorrect username due to dyslexia and a copy/paste error on my part. 

It also took 10 hours for Google to send a report on my upload file rejecting all the test products because of missing tax information. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author rassydawg
October

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This was of no help but I solved my problem. It was an incorrect username due to dyslexia and a copy/paste error on my part. 

It also took 10 hours for Google to send a report on my upload file rejecting all the test products because of missing tax information.