AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5K members online now
5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Expiring Product in merchant Center (using Content API feed)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using the content API for a shopping data feed. No expiration date is set for products. The feed updates changes only on an hourly basis. Theoretically a product could be listed and not have a status change for 30 days. How do I reset the expiration date if nothing has changed? I spoke with someone from Google on the phone and he told me not to worry about it. But he did not understand the mechanics of using the API for my data feed.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tina M
February

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes every 28 days will be ok too, as long as you submit the entire product info.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

By submitting the product information, that is the only way. Even if the details are the same you need to submit it again. It is recommended to have it push the data every day.

Hope it helps.

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you Emmanuel. As I said, every hour we update any changes and we are currently proactively building our product listings. I am not sure why you recommend a daily push. As we will have thousands of products by the time we are done, we don't want to cause too much of a processing load every hour. We currently have complete listing update every 28 days to make sure that none of the products expire on us. Do you think that would be sufficient?  

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tina M
February

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Yes every 28 days will be ok too, as long as you submit the entire product info.

Hope it helps.