AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Excluding Shopping products by custom label

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I have created 2 shopping campaigns - one with top sellers and one with the rest of the products. To easily manage these, I have created a custom label to identify the top selling items. To add these to the top sellers campaign - it's straightforward, I sort the products by my custom label and add only these.

However, when I want to exclude these from the second campaign, no option to do this? I could do it manually if the Adgroup tab would incorporate the custom label columns but these are only available in the products tab. 

Maybe it's very simple but I haven't been able to find the answer so any advice is welcomed Smiley Happy

Many thanks for your help,

Marion

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

You will need to make sure that all products have custom label 0.

As followed will work by setting the custom labels 0 as 

best sellers

exclude

normal

The second campaign will than have all the normal products

This is the only way to get it to work.

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Thank you so much for your answer. Indeed, I didn't think about this!

Last question - can I combine 2 label groups? Example: I want to add the best seller from my custom label 0 AND my sale items from my custom label 1? Until now if I went back in and select the second label, it would automatically remove the previously selected one...

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Not within the same ad group. You can create a new ad group and add the other label in there.

Custom labels are set as a hierarchy. So if you choose label 0 than label 1, you will be targeting label 0 in everything else section and label 1 in  label 1.

So you are targeting both, but due to the nature it's a hierarchy, it will not show up as you want.

But the best way is to use a new ad group within the campaign.

hope it helps

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’