AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Errors happened while adding products to Google Shopping (Magento)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I just installed the official API for google shopping on magento: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/google-content-api-for-shopping.html

When I want to add product to my feed, I get the following error.  I searched the internet, but no solution works for me,

Errors happened while adding products to Google Shopping.

The product "[PRODUCTNAME]" cannot be added to Google Content. Unable to connect to Google Content. Please, check Account settings in configuration.Error: Authentication with Google failed. Reason: BadAuthentication

I'm sure I filled in the right credentials.

Anyone else who faced the same problem and found a solution for it?

Thanks in advance!

Re: Errors happened while adding products to Google Shopping (Magento)

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Leon,

I have a solution for you that I just got working for our client. I have verified that the products are now in their Google Merchant account, so everything is working perfectly right now.

If you’re getting the following issue:

Errors happened while adding products to Google Shopping.
The product “Product Name Here” cannot be added to Google Content. Unable to connect to Google Content. Please, check Account settings in configuration.Error: Authentication with Google failed. Reason: BadAuthentication

I have a fix for you that was just posted this morning. I got it working on the client’s site and have verified that the products are now in her Merchant Center account.

Sign into the Merchant Center account. You will need to do this in a different browser or Incognito window of whichever browser your Gmail is open in.

In a new tab, sign into the store. Go to the Google Content section under Catalog. Select a few products to add to Google Content, but don’t hit that button yet. This is in prep for the next step.

In a new tab, go to this URL: https://accounts.google.com/DisplayUnlockCaptcha
This URL is an unlocker tool from Google. Basically, as Google support explained, the Google connection has been blocking third party applications (in this case the Go connection). You sign in there, and you have a very short window to go into the application, try to sign in, and it sends a signal to Google that that application is the one you want unblocked.

After going through the link above, flip back to the store tab and now hit the “Add to Google Content” switch. This will cause the message up top to say “Google Content is Synchronizing.” When the page refreshes, you should see your selected products moved “Available Products” to up there in the top section under the “Google Content Items” section.

From there, “Select All” and then hit “Synchronize” to push those to Google Shopping.