AdWords
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Error message when creating Dynamic Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have successfully associated my Adwords and Merchant account - bearing in mind my merchant account only offered me USA instead of South Africa. When I click on the Dynamic Ad and select the campaign I get the following error

This campaign is missing merchant center id. Please click on the settings tab and associate your merchant center id.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Error message when creating Dynamic Ad

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

In AdWords, select your campaign and click on the "Settings" tab. If you don't see a "Dynamic remarketing" section right after the "General" section, you might have to re-create a campaign:

if  you chose "Display Network only" and then "Remarketing" as the type of campaign, AdWords will detect that you have a Google Merchant Center account linked to your AdWords account and will automatically suggest to enable dynamic remarketing.

See the screenshot:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4f8lSBFR_2fTnRodVBaMGozMXM/edit?usp=sharing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I tried it the other way around by creating the campaign in Adwords. When I get to the section to choose domain I keep getting error "Invalid domain name."

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Where exactly do you get "invalid domain name"? In AdWords or Merchant Center? Can you post a screenshot?

I don't think there's a section in AdWords to choose a domain so I'm guessing you're talking about domain name verification in Google Merchant Center. Is that right?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Its in Adwords. I have posted a screenshot. The steps to create this error are CAMPAIGN>SEARCH NETWORK ONLY>DYNAMIC SEARCH ADS - I fill in budget etc then hit SAVE. If I create the Campaign as a STANDARD campaing then I am able to specify an AD GROUP within that CAMPAIGN as a DYNAMIC AD. It is a work around for now.

Capture.PNG

N/A
# 6
N/A
i have the very same problem. did you have a solution in the meantime ?

Google Employee
# 7
Google Employee
Dynamic Search Ads and Dynamic Remarketing (display) ads are completely different

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee
Are you trying to create dynamic search ads or dynamic remarketing (display) ads?

Error message when creating Dynamic Ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I'm having a similar issue when trying to create dynamic search ads.

You can take a look at the screenshot invalid domain name error

(sorry I didn't know how to place the screenshot directly in the message, I'm new to posting here)