AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
For questions related to Google Shopping and Merchant Center. Learn to optimize your Shopping ads
Guide Me
star_border

Error Linking Google Merchant Center To Adwords (Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I try to link google merchant center to adwords by clicking the 3 dots, and selecting "Account Linking" adwords tab, I receive the error: "Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again."

Adwords phone service not working for my country for a long time. I don't know the reason. I tried feedback section but no one contacted me. The last option for contacting "Merchant Center", there is no appropriate category for this issue. So came to this help forum.

One thing I am suspecting for the reason is that, an old adwords account which was removed, still exists because when I enter the page of WorldWide Phone Support: "https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4581834" it is telling me a wrong Adwords Account number, which does not belong to my account anymore. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Error Linking Google Merchant Center To Adwords (Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

You can link an account by entering the account id, rather than using the first option.

Simply go to account linking and choose the second option

Hope it helps.

Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Shopping Feed Tips From FeedArmy
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Re: Error Linking Google Merchant Center To Adwords (Oops! Something went wrong. Please try again.)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I can't see the option you are talking about. Here is the screenshot. 

linking.PNG

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

As this is a technical issue, please contact Google directly : https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/7218750

Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please click on ‘Accept As Solution’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I call the phone service, it says we don't provide phone service at the moment. My country is Turkey. This is happening for a long time. This is why I opened this topic into the forum.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Unfortunately there is nothing the community can do for you as this is a technical issue and this is a public forum where members help members and are not part of Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am getting the exact same issue and I am in the United States. Any updated workaround at this time?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Cozy C, I moved the adwords account back to where the google account where it was first created. This way issue resolved.